Competitive SP Decks

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Capricis, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Fernando

Fernando The King of Potatoes

Nice Moga BG, do you have some stats about it, like how many games win/loose strong against or weak, etc.

Thanks!

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, it hasn't lost PVP yet, but I've only played about a dozen games with it against mid-exo players. It's kind of an uphill battle vs FW, but not too bad.

3. Capricis

Capricis Member

I have another question. I was looking at Voil Stormflyers, which I'm still missing for my Voils deck. They're kind of expensive on PoxBox (27,300 OUT) and they don't look that great. They seem squishy even with Loyalty, and have 1 range. What do they do for me exactly? Can I substitute them for something else for about the same effect?

4. Capricis

Capricis Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Stormflyer is useful for a couple of reasons: (1) he's a source of alt damage; (2) he brings either a solid dot or a source of pseudo detect with static greeting, which is pretty important now that relocate ally on transporter has CD:3. Voil have a lot of pretty good melee beaters, so he's probably more essential in a meta deck rather an a pure voil deck.

The only critical oversight in champions are that you're missing a voil queen. I still think she's essential even with the regal presence nerfs, and should be 2x (especially w/ crypt). I'd probably remove 1x transporter and 1x courier to make room.

Re: support runes, typically I'll run 2x aoe and 1x thunderhead totem (used to be 2x, but experimenting w/ 1x). I'd cut 1x avalanche (it's really there for knockback and grounding to use vertical push) and either 1x echo chamber or 1x lightning storm. That will leave you with avalanche, totem and echo chamber/lightning stomr. Plus, I'd remove bag of boulders (there are a lot better ways to spend 30 nora than +2 damage and 2 pseudo ap in the form of additional range).

That opens up 3x support slots. Consider some of the following: diamond mace (allows you to cut voil bomber); slaver's whip (spot ap gen; cliff diving); cyclops belt (spot slam, which can pretty easily be +20 damage); vertical push (anti-equip, anti-super champ, and allows you to remove a roadblock like tyrant/boa to get to the squishies behind); and 1x alacrity (SP is a pretty slow faction and so alacrity + sceian will help you gap close an enormous amount of distance and still double attack).

6. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Theyr very good, but since a majority of the maps are autoloss I'd rather not bother until the maps are balanced

Autoloss
    Elemental Plateau (I had a 1:2 champ ratio against the opponent [killed champs not them saving nora for a powerturn] and a single Fiery Ambush and Grimlic killed my whole army.. Its either I stayed on my font, or I have to damage myself through the lava and kill my own Clops)

Autoloss if u dont reveal Alpine Cyc
    Savage Tundra (large) - opponent can just choose a mobility champ and repetitiously gib and run onwards and away from my furthest font (top right or bottom left)

Pretty hard fontgib or NOT clump up:
    Ironfist Mountains
    Shattered Peaks (if no Alpine)
    Forglar Swamp (a one way road for 2x2s)
    Lost City (cannot contest side fonts if opponent is gibbing ur font on the far edge of the deployment zone, unless u spend nora for Cyclops Eye Belt)

And the worst spells that could happen in every 2x2 clumpfest: Reclaim, Fiery Ambush...

7. Capricis

Capricis Member

Thank you guys for the responses! I will put in at least one Voil Queen and strongly consider the rest. It's a shame about Cyclops. I just started working on them as my second deck. I guess I'll go Moga next.

8. RedScarlet

Cyclops is still doable. Just tried a few matches, won and lost against some players, try the tribal hut theme Capricis.

p.s, some maps are autoloss. but in terms of champs' stats and abilities, most of them are good

9. Capricis

Capricis Member

And I should include two Alpine Cyclops to help with maps?

10. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

@RedScarlet Why are Clops autoloss on some maps (never tried them personally--or any theme for that matter--building decks based on an artificial restriction like race or theme seems odd to me). Is it because they are 2x2 (mainly).

11. RedScarlet

yea the explanation are at the above posts. some important spots made 2x2s not very reliable. most prominent would be elemental's plateau (central font, 2x2s would have to go in from either the bottom left path, or the right top path depending on whether ur player 1 or 2, but then your 2x2s would be stuck and have to pass through lava), and ironfist pass (where you'd be so vulnerable to CC like force barrier or reclaim or chains of corruption or any sort of crowd control spell).