Concerns before next expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Jul 29, 2016.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I understand that expansions is how the game makes money to sustain itself. I also understand that QoL improvements take time, money, and effort. As we are inviting PS playerbase into the game that seems like a huge leap. So I was wondering that now as it may seem finances are a bit 'out of the woods' if we would see more QoL development before next expansion. I am also aware plenty has been done already. Here are a few things troubling me.

1) Rune trading

Whenever an expac drops I rush to Pox Box to see if I can pick up some new runes. I've been playing for quite awhile (SP expansion) so I have supported the game quite a bit over the years. As we've been in flux and limbo and many were keeping an eye on the state of the game and being more frugal with their spending I admit that Pox Box has been quite helpful. However, they are often out of the new Exo's and Legendaries. Also their trade in value calculator confuses me a bit and I have alot of credits it seems are difficult for me to spend in bulk.

The Bazaar is still quite the hassle to get anything you need, much less what you desire. Sharding only gives older runes and some aren't available (this is just a statement rather than a complaint). I went to rune trading and all I wanted was a Chattering Maw. However, you have to sit and wait for someone to be online to accept a trade. Im fairly certain there is no 'alert/notification' that pops up in client to let you know if someone has bid.

I'd like to see a trader revamp as to where there are 'BUY OUTS' and also two different kinds of Traders to better suite peoples individual needs. One trader would allow longer trade lengths up to 72hrs, so you don't have to remake trades often and you can have a bigger trade cart. The other trader would restrict you to being online during the life of the trade. I don't know how integrated the system is but if at all possible it would send you a yellow alert (or another color if your prefer) that tells you your (trade ID) has been bid on.

Both traders would allow a 'BUT OUT' feature which is where you would select runes/tokens that are your preference. In an ideal world you could select multiple parameters to be met but since I know this is costly and time consuming I think the first iteration atleast just has an EXACT list. If you meet that EXACT wishlist then the trade AUTO SATISFIES. Giving the runes to each respective party.

So in essence of the Chattering Maw. If a trade was up for it and their wishlist was a Serkan (being ridiculous for effect, and some of you really do this), I could then submit/bid my Serkan and the trade Auto satisfies and I receive my Maw and say bye bye to Serkan and hope they give him a good home (Pokemon trader reference)

2) Database

Pox Base is a useful tool that people have been using forever. Nea really gave us a treasure here. However, he doesn't update it anymore and you can't really blame him. Its just disappointing to say the least. Possibly Desert Owl has reached out to him and he denied the opportunity to work with them because of his own life goals or pay/rights disputes. Perhaps he accepted and its silently in the works of bringing a fresh new exciting database to Pox. I'm not sure and won't speculate.

What is known is that we don't have a very good database. I have played 'Duel of Champions' and I'm sure there are many other games that do the same where you can look at the Library through many different filters. I feel as though the Rune Checklist, Forger, and Manager could all be melded into one with the proper revamp. A Library that showed all the runes, however the ones you don't own are grayed out.

Thats good for starters and my other idea may seem a bit grandiose but I don't think its too far out of the scope we can achieve in the future. If when you select a rune, each parameter of the rune was a filter.
    If you selected the Attack Icon it would arrange the list by dmg, so on and so forth for the other stats. Clicking the Race would filter the runes to the 'selected' race. Clicking the Attack Type would filter to the selected 'attack type'. So on and so forth for class and such.

The most helpful and wishful part of this is clicking an ability! The runes will be filtered to all runes that posses that ability. It would simply shuffle the runes and hide all of them that don't posses the 'selected' ability. If we got real fancy we could Cross Filter with Faction aswell.

3) BG Management

This has been brought up a few times and often gets good reviews by players and Owls alike, yet its never really delivered on. I recall the first QnA I had asked about this and Gedden saying it was a great idea and that 'WE WOULD NEED' a BG deleter after the revamp. He said that was on the list to provide because it wouldn't be that hard to do. Still, no mass deleter. I just want to Purge my BG's that I made far too many of and not have to take hours to do it. Its such a trivial thing that it really should be very simple to do. I don't want these three BG's? Select, select, select, Delete selected. Or, I'm so desperate just give me a Delete All function!

In client, i suppose it has gotten better, we had difficulty selecting BG's because of the flawed wheel. It was mentioned and we flirted with the idea of a Favorite BG. So a short list or just one 'active' BG that you could easily recall in an instant. So instead of locking in your BG, there could be a tab button that you click and it selected your 'current' BG which is the one you last edited or have tagged as a favorite (however you'd like to do it). There were other ideas thrown around but I don't remember them and don't really wanna search for the thread.

4) Time

Time Bank or Extended time. This has been talked about quite a few times so a simple search of the forums can better explain this than me at the moment.

I'm sure there are others, maybe even ones that trump these in priority. These are just the ones on the top of my head and that I ran into the first 15min of me beginning to play today and creating a BG. Feel free to add any or discuss against or for any I have mentioned.

Tweek516, super71, jeeperz2 and 2 others like this.
  2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Auto sharding please for the love of Xulos.

3. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Whats Auto Sharding? Im not familiar with the term. Like Mass Sharding?

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Nah you pretty much got it, the only thing I'd add is when new players start give them a set theme deck from each faction and making it non tradable. At the end of the week they get to keep that theme deck and change upgrade paths and what not.