Consolidating Condition Times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lushiris, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

In this thread I intend to bring up something that isn't discussed at all, but although it doesn't have great priority I believe it will eventually have to be adressed: condition times. So this thread is here at least for didactical purposes.

As most know, some conditions may have different duration times according to its source; some are even "permanent". I'll write down and suggest changes to those abilities/runes with any inconsistency that I can recall from mind(please remind me if I forget anything), and here they are:

Soul Tapped
    from Soultap Garnet is permanent/Soul Tapped from Soultap lasts 10 turns/Feedback and Channeling last 3 turns.

My suggestion would be to remove the permanent effect from the Gem, making it last as most 10 turns(I'd prefer 3). It's not really a nerf, but a consolidation measure, because permanent conditions honestly make no sense, given that without a timer costing the ability becomes a pretty vague job.

Inhibited
    and Defiled from Cauterize(and Cast)/Inhibited from Searing Touch.

For the same reason as permanent Soul Tapped, I'd recommend a 4-6 turns duration on Cauterize's conditions(because honestly, just casting it for the permenent effect is at least really sad), and possibly a nora cost reduction, 30 would be a polite suggestion.

Searing Touch's Inhibited should get a duration, and to standardize it with Soultap I'd suggest 10 turns, and maybe a very small cost redcution, maybe to 7 or 6 nora.

Wearied, Debilitated and Crippled from Serkan's Touch.

This spell is incredibly high costed because of the permanent conditions it applies(unlike the previous runes I've mentioned), and I'd find it extremely flavorful if the durations became 10 turns and it received a generous cost reduction, or make it also apply defiled for, let's say 5 turns and reduce the cost a bit less.

Rotting Blows:

I have no idea as to why it lasts 8 turns, with a cost of 3 nora. the Decaying condition is simply an Inhibited on steroids, and even if we compare with Searing Touch which costs 8 nora - even though being permanent - I can safely claim that this ability is undercosted.

*In a very personal note I find Decaying a bad condition, it mixes up with Inhibited and their purposes overlap. Its purpose is little more than visual, because other than regen only a distracted player will heal his Decayed champion. So I wouldn't mind seeing it gone from the game to favor a solid gameplay.

But anyway, I'd suggest more than doubling its nora cost, I'd say to 8 nora, and patternizing it to 10 turns; or taking its cost to 4 and making it last 3 turns(my favorite).

Intoxicated and Earthbound from Keg Toss:

For some reason this ability was buffed to be patternized with other bomb-like abilities, but the conditions still last for amazing 6 turns. I'd suggest exchanging Earthbound for Grounded, and making both Intoxicated and Grounded last 3 turns.

Wounded, from Deep Wounds Ability:

I'm not sure as to why such a powerful condition is permanent. Given it only works when a specific champion attack I suggest 10 turns, but making it permanent so that even the next deploy in a long game benefits from it really sounds... weird.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Ifem21 likes this.
  2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Agreed. No infinite effect.

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i can argue that perm defile is the way of UD since we the only alternative is rotting blows on shadowrake

4. Lushiris

There's a UD spell that defiles all opponents. And I think you're mixing Defiled with Inhibited.

5. chickenpox2

maybe we should make it so that defile still affect even on inhibit?

6. Lushiris

I'm not sure I get what you mean man, Defile = Can't be cleansed/Inhibit = can't be healed. I just suggested both conditions to be timed, it still would work the same, just not forever.

7. chickenpox2

what i meant was that decay not defile should still work even though inhibit stops any healing

8. Lushiris

Ah yes, but that doesn't invalidate my point that they overlap each other.