Construct and troll BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by panic, Mar 20, 2014.

1. panic

panic The King of Potatoes

One troll bg and one Construct bg and i want to know if trolls are runable.

2. panic

I feel ignored.

Woffleet and RedScarlet like this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Most of the regular forum crowd surprisingly works regular hours unlike many other games. Majority of the discussion happens in the evenings so I doubt this was a case of you being ignored. On to the topic at hand though I feel that both themes are completely viable although I have not used either deck competitively in a while. I tend to stick to paladins when I can. Give it a bit and someone more qualified will likely answer this thread as well.

4. bluestun

bluestun Member

Wouldnt know about trolls since I don't own the exos with rock defiance, but they regained the marsh troll which is a boss now. As long as you run engineers pretty much all of the constructs are fine. You don't really need exos to make them work, the war enchanted groble still is very competitive but will be targetted so be careful.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Trolls are definitely runnable, and are one of our most underrated themes. Basically just run 2x of every troll along with some healing/AP gen support runes like Minister, Sarge, Priest of Valdac, Aspect of Divinity, and Northern Cross Militia. Leoss Monk is also a good choice, or you can go with Angel of Mercy upgrading Amp Healing if you run lots of Divine Favor. I don't have a set deck for them atm, but that's what I would do in theory.

Constructs are very good right now after the buff to Turret Team. Here is my current deck: http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CalcoTcp@C4BCa3c6UCfgCfhc3YC8YcwWs5Xs5ZSls4Gs4-S43rirYe1veQe2Y

There are a great many ways to build a Construct deck; some choose to focus on cheap spammable champs, while others go for a mixed build that includes several non-constructs to supplement their weaknesses. I'm probably not the best person to offer example decks, since my choices are usually..........unique. If you wanted to make the deck more competitive, drop the Dervish and the Siege Engine for War Enchanted Grobles, drop the Stone Dragon for a Rugolth's Revenge, drop the Strike Force for a Blink, and drop the Holy Mace for a Vial of Holy Water.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Trolls are quite OP once u got 4 Dampens out. Tho its kinda hard to position urself in certain maps, especially against teleporters as they can ignore your bouncers. At least thats what I did, ignore the big ones, get the smaller ones. Give the big ones Lumbering, Ball n Chain, or whatever.

But there was a BG that was interesting, and a bit ghay if u ask me. Combination of Trolls, Construct, and ST.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cpPCiaCu7Cd_Cd9c4BC8AConcguC5Ls7Ks4Bs19s2Ls13sNs4VR2@EHE1A

If I'm correct it was like this:
    6 Mirrored champs, 2 Mirrored Shield, 2 Immunity: Physical, 2 Rock Eater
    2 Starshine, 1 Ancient Implications, 4 Dampen

Basically it just diminishes any damage your opponent has by countering what he deployed. Especially good against BGs with expensive champs. Once they're out to the side fonts, just deploy something that's totally its counter. They'd have to invest Nora in winning that side font. Starseers are diff build: (1) Swap + Prestige, and (2) Swap + Invigorate. Lots of Swap

Mirrored Shield + Animated Armor: Immunity: Physical + Mirorred, say what?!
    Angel of Mercy + Aspect of Infinity: +50% Heal on Divine Favor, +1RNG for Blindfire (very ghay once Dampen and this dud is in play)
    Swap + Marsh Troll's Bind (instant engage)
    Swap + Ice Elemental (to get rid of DMCs, Silverclan Protector, other large Artillery units)
    Kénto + Stonearm Sash
    Majestic/Dampen/Starshine on Ice Elemental/GrintMagnificent frontline (most Atk: Phy are 1-1 Melee)
    Weaken Spell on Animated Armor for Phalanx strategy
    GREs on 1v1 Atk Physical opponent/1v1 Coragh-rush situations
    4 Dampen for Phalanx positioning, 2 Starshine + 1 Ancient Impli for offensive

P.S the BG is kinda slow. if u rush, u'd be investing a lot for superchampin...

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I dunno Marko, I ignored him straight up. He offered no other info about what he's wanting, where he is as far as skill level and experience with these BGs and/or the game in general or what his budget is.

A good rule of thumb pretty much anywhere in life or the world: expect equal effort.

10. panic

First at all the one playing this game is a 12 years old, second you are acting like a dramaqueen.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Cool story, bro.

12. panic

Cry more.

13. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

Don't make me turn this car around...

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  14. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Posting in troll thread. Being defiant rocks.

15. ARlSTOTLE

So I'm actually working on building a Construct BG right now because it seems rather viable and a good option to get back into the swing of things with. However, am I the only one that gets some useless website in a language I don't understand when clicking those links for poxbase.com? Could just be me. Anyway someone could just type out the names of the champs/spells/relics/equips used and how many of each? I can figure out the strategy by taking the time to actually READ the abilities on the champs, etc. Just want to jump start it real quick then start customizing once I get a feel for it.

Thanks anyone that can help.

16. GabrielQ

2x turret team, 2x silverclan protector, 2x lodestone armory (or 1 and 1 rugolth's revenge), 2x dwarven engineer, 1 silverclan engineer, 1 dwarven tinkerer, 2x groble rock eater, 2x war enchanted groble, 1 ironfist minister, 1 dwarven sergeant, 1 mountain sentry or 1 monted hawkmaster
    2x tactical manual, 1 soul reaver, 2x repair, 1 tales of valor, 1 refute, 2 hammer strike, 2 bane blast, 1 guard tower, 1 banner

17. Rapidice

My suggestions, remove Soul reaver add Vial of holy water. Constructs don't have any condition that you want to remain uncleansable, and 90% of the time you use the equipment just for the cleanse.
    You can replace mountain sentry with a Whitestone gargoyle for detection. Alt damage, tankyness, detection. A bit overcosted, but does the job.
    My spell lineup would be:
    2x tactical manual, 1 vial of holy water, 2 x repair, 1 tales of valor, 1 hammer strike, 1 maca, 1 bane blast, 1 might of ironfist, 1 mark of redemption (spot precision is invaluable), 1 guard tower, 1 banner, 1 remote control.

This is the BG i'm currently running:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  18. ARlSTOTLE

Soul Reaver? I don't see that anywhere in the IS list of runes...
    Also, a Dwarven Tinkerer? She looked shoebox to me. In what way is she useful aside from adding Tough ranks and Mason? Are the crabs really that helpful?

19. GabrielQ

Soul reaver is a rare FW/IS split equipment that cleanses (on equip and every turn) and grants defiling aura, that is useful to keep hammered enemies stunned.
    Tinkerer is really cheap, and she can make a bunch of crabs and boost and everything else.

20. Rapidice

You can replace tinkerer with a second Silverclan engineer. Tinkerer's job is to stay at your font (so it has 6 speed), summon crabs, tough any construct that you deploy and grant auras.