Construct Strategies & Combos

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gaedel, May 9, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What would be some good Construct strategies and combos? What upgrades do you recommend for Turret Team and how would you use them in a Constructs BG?

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 11.19.47.png

So this is my current construct BG. The crystal golems I recently put in and are fantastic. With Mirrored and Tough passed around they are tough to kill and there damage gets insane from splintering and you have enough Mason champs to keep them going. Force Barrier is such great crowd control and combined with slam, they really dish out some punishment.

Turret Teams are sensational, I take logistics flanking and complex machine so that they have 8 speed, 9 with the Lodestone around giving Improve speed, and they usually end up getting a Manual so they are sitting on 20 + damage 9 speed range 7, pretty god like. Because of this they usually become huge targets for the opponent which is why I started running the Summoning Ritual spell. I use it on the Weaponsmith that drops after the Turret Team is killed and boom I now have a 7 speed , 20+ damage 70+ hp champ for 65 nora, pretty sweet I have to say. Other than that its get the Dwarven Engineers out as early as possible and spam Grobles, the protectors become god like with a manual + protective boost again 20 + damage at range 6 with barrage. Can 1 round most champs in the game with this bad boy.

Other than that its pretty much just spam Superior Engineering and Tales of Valor and Tough on everything, constructs are damn good I have to say. The only thing they lack is a good detection option ( I don't really like shock trooper though I haven't tried it since i added in the crystal golems, the slam might work well with their force barriers I guess) but you can always just add in a UV if its that big a deal, for the Mine perhaps.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I've been beaten pretty hard by Remote Control on Groble Dervish. Manic reengages, so it hits 2 times on end of turn.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What is with the lack of RC in strux deck? Is there any question as to the power of this item?

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Anytime I had it in I never used it. Or when I did use it it friggin backfired on me, since you really only want it on Engineers and the fact they are slow and are usually using an ability every turn, the small range of targeting the champ made it rarely possible for me to use it.

6. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

If you think that's fantastic, try RCing a Dervish equipped with a Sunder Axe.

7. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

When the dervish gets his proc attack from remote control is his damage reset? Just curious.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There are some inconsistencies but mostly no. If you are using a sunder Axe it doesn't matter though.

9. Dresnar20365988

If the damage did reset before the manic attack, OP.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Manic happens within your same turn and damage loss is for 1 turn. So WAI is that it does not reset for the manic. The part that's inconsistent is the resulting WoB attack generated from the engagement that then follows deployment priority, but not always.

11. Gaedel

How useful is Dragon Engine? Stone Dragon looks like a good tank with all its resistances and 3 DEF. What are the pros and cons to running these?

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Distract is very common. You need cleanse and disarming capabilities in the deck.

13. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Stone dragon is a good tank and is one of my favourite runesm but can be unwieldy being a 5 spd based 2x2 and by the time you've included other construct tanks (RR, rockeater et al) theres little room for him. FR, blink, or mimiced on to windrax also sux, but that kinda applies to any rune.
    I used to love the Dragon engine, but his cost snowballs and distract is a *****.

14. Mixtli

Mixtli The King of Potatoes

Ah the Dragon....

15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I wish Spare Parts was better. It's a fun idea, but it is impossible to get your nora's worth out of it, not to mention it requires your dudes to DIE for it.

16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

stone dragon is a beast... with enough time, he can hold off more stuff than a revenge and rock eater combined.

I experimented once to see if I could make him insane as I dreamed, and with a full plate armour + maniac, he can contest a font an entire game.

much like hes just sitting in the cave, thats all he does when hes in font... look bad ass and just laugh as the robo-pitbull decimates everything from 6 spaces away.

A couple combos I found to be fun myself:

Bloodrage unstoppable+ revenge or stone colossus

remote control+ full plate armour after you buffed something to tough 3 and marched it into a font(best with this is lodestone armoury since he can ranged attack)

clockwork swarm+ animated armour

dragon engine+ vial of holy water(yes its good bro)

17. Grand General Mosh

It just needs to be recoded as a Construct-specific Wish and it would be amazing.

Alternatively, so it actually has Synergy with Melt Down and makes the combo worth running, it could drastically drop/remove the Scrapped construct's CD so it could be redeployed sooner. Because yeah, it's kind of dumb that the entirety of the Construct theme and playstyle is revolving around making sturdy-as-stone champs, but then we have two themed spells that are Death Benefit.

18. Dresnar20365988

The most satisfying combo in constructs is:

Dwarven Catapult + Grobble Dervish(with reinforce) + Engineers (train mobility, tough, superior engineering) + sunder ax + remote control.

Dervish really give you a different type of play than is typical with the rest of construct runes.

19. Grand General Mosh

that just sounds vicious XD. But yes, yes it does.

I am rather fond of an RR with a Forge Hammer equipped. Hits like a freight train on steroids AND gets your army out super quick!

20. Gaedel

That's two equipments on one champ...how does that work? I thought you could only have one equipment on a champ.