Construct Strategies & Combos

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gaedel, May 9, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Remote control on the engineer to buff the dervish, which is using sunder axe.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

remote control would be equipped on the engineer or catapult...rev up is targted

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It is important to know that it can also be self targeted, though that's not the case here, obviously.

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Remote control grants the ability "rev um" which grants a construct within 2 spaces maniac for 2 rounds. You give the remote to someone safe and maniac your constructs into the fight.

Edit:

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

rev up*
    manic*

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  6. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

@Axeraiser Can you please suggest what upgrades to add to those champions.

Cheers

7. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

should i start playing constructs? are they strong right now? looking for 2x siverclan protectors :)

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

In my opinion they are going to be very strong at almost any rank below 50. At that point it will start to taper off because of how slow the deck plays. And that doesn't mean they lose strength, the deck just won't have the speed, versatility and efficiency of those top meta decks.

9. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

oh, i see, thanks for explanation baskitkase !

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The lack of Shocktrooper and Metallic slag in these post is irritating.

Since constructs play so linear and simplistic,also while being very complex with synergy, the constructs that bring different playstlyes to constructs are always under shadowed but it doesn't make them any less of includes. Try 1 metallic slag in place of a champion like lodestone or Warenchanted groble. You will find your new melee magic champion to be quite the unit that incites fear rather than something like revenge who is expensive enough to cast a spell on and set you back.

As for shocktrooper, In theme detection has never been more badass

11. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Interesting poxineer, but wut?

However i played, shocktrooper only after relase. But he has a funny artwork and skin

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He's just spamming all over the forums. I'd just add him to your ignore list and move on with life.

13. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Would be interesting if every dwarf+ construct raced rune and the DMC would get class engineer. They would be combat engineers or at the very least siege equipment engineers.

14. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

For me that link just brings up poxbase.com home page.

16. Engleberry

17. Engleberry

Wait a minute. That links bad too. Is Poxbase not working or something? :/

Any how, here it is:

Champions
    2x Dwarven Engineer
    1x Dwarven Tinkerer
    1x Silverclan Engineer
    1x Clockwork Swarm
    2x Animated Armor
    2x Silverclan Hoplite
    1x Silverclan Protector
    1x Lodestone Armory
    1x Rugolth's Revenge
    1x Stone Dragon
    2x Turret Team
    2x War Enchanted Groble

Spelss
    2x Bane Blast
    1x Desperate Heal
    2x Repair
    1x Refute
    2x Righteous Deflection

Equipment
    1x Full Plate Armor
    1x Granite Bracers
    1x Remote Control
    2x Tactical Manual

Any relics I should put in? Any champs/spells/equips?

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lets look at your BG count:

Melee: 10
    Ranged: 3.5 (Armory gives you 0.5)
    Support: 4.5 (Armory gives you 0.5)

To me, thats a bit melee heavy and ranged light. Don't forget that your engineers/tink are going to be giving you melee units as well.

I'd take out two of those melee units and put in a Sarge and a Catapult. That gives you another support and a ranged/support.

I'd be wary of using Divine Heal. You'll have lots of units out (including summons) so you are likely to do substancial shrine dmg and your engineers are already going to be super busy.

A Priest of Valdac is just as good. You could sacrifice another melee unit for one if you think you need it.

Your spells are not bad, I'd take out one Bane Blast and add one Hammer Strike, then take out one RD and add one Might of Ironfist.

I'd drop that Full plate armor for a Banner, if you can get one. If you cannot, then you still need at least one relic. I'd recommend an Earthshaker although Nora Mine is also great. I never build a BG without at least two relics. I place my banner safely most of the time and then use an Earthshaker offensively. It applies lumbering. That is our only access to an uncleansable disable, one that you can also apply to an avatar since it's an ability and not a condition.

19. Engleberry

Thanks, man! Can't find the banner, but I'll take the Earthshaker.