Constructs - Rebuilding a theme.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

What on earth are you running split with SP? I tried, but couldnt figure out what to use from SP. There are not many contructs to pick from and many are 2x2.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Cyclops Symbiot, Warcarts, Firecases and Cyclops Artificer.

3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

apocalypse cannon, artificer, symbiot, and firecase.

then 2x mammoth club.

then after that 2 protectors

then after that decide if you wanna go with a fire amp sub theme or a bane blast and totem super stun subtheme

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

nice.

5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I think I speak for everyone when I say siege engine needs to lose that BS pseudo siege hold back ability and gain ponderous in place.

I mean everything else that was ranged in constructs has been jacked up.

sassquatch, Markoth and chickenpox2 like this.
  6. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Would it be too much to ask Lodestone Armory to have Forge Weapon again? I really miss that ability, it enabled a equip based module in constructs. Now with the abundance of Hunter:Equipped, and the nerf to Magnetic Pulse, it wouldn't be so problematic

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Going to do some of the suggestions in this thread, but... why was Complex Machine added to so many Constructs? It doesn't even make sense. Maybe it was the name of the ability?

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Im not certain. It was originally intended for the Silverclan constructs.

9. sassquatch

I believe clockwork swarm gained complex machine in a round of shoebox buffs about the time that the silverclan cavalier was released. but from my perspective it seemed flavorful and appropriate. that same thing happened for the turret team but I find that one less flavorful. as to why the glider got it, I have no idea, except that I believe it was part of the gedden revamp. in the grand scheme of things it makes an interesting sub module but it doesn't seem that overly prolific or powerful.

10. Sokolov

Well, for now I am considering renaming it to Tillium or Silverclan Machine and removing it from those who shouldn't have it.

Or maybe I will leave the name and just remove it from the Glider.

11. Sokolov

By the way, what does "loss of speed from complex machine hurt" mean?

12. sassquatch

Complex machine grants +1 speed when in range of a tinker. Granted it was a situational speed boost, but it was frequently overlooked by opponents when calculating defensive positioning. It was unexpected mobility, and surprise factor.

As for renaming clockwork swarm, I would vote for Silverclan Replicators.

13. Sokolov

Oh, it sounded like you were saying Complex Machine got changed.

14. sassquatch

oh, well sorry for the poor choice of wording then.

15. Sokolov

Np, just making sure :)

16. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Could we somehow get swarm on base of Clockwork Swarm? It seems like such a drab swarming unit in comparison to things like locust because of its inability to snowball.

17. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I like Swarm on upgrades, I always run 1xSpare parts just for it. Most opponents don't notice who will receive the Swarm when they kill the Clockwork. In one ocassion, I managed to get Swarm on robodog, my opponent surrendered as soon as the robodog got the first swarm.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I am not sure it is worth preserving that just for one sub-optimal combo that has a 1 in a 100 chance of doing anything even remotely interesting.

19. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

yes its worth keeping that combo is clockwork fantastic