Contained Thrall Remake

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Contained Thrall
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 9
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 3
    • HP: 48
    • Race: Undead, Jakei, Zombie
    • Class: Brute
    • Base cost: 74
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Arctic This unit cannot be Chilled. If this unit is a champion, it has Icewalker and gains +1 DMG while occupying Snow or Ice.
      • [​IMG] Binding Chains Enemy champions within 3 spaces take 8 Physical damage and become Ensnared for 2 turns (this damage ignores DEF). This ability's CD is reduced by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (5) [​IMG] Regeneration 2 At the beginning of your turn, this unit heals 4 HP.
        • (8) [​IMG] Nohkan Do Attacks against this unit miss for 2 AP. This effect can trigger up to 2 times per turn, and does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed, Distracted or Stunned.
        • (5) [​IMG] Reflection 4 Champions attacking this champion from range take 5 damage of the Attacker's damage type.
      • 2 :
        • (6) Stun This champion makes an attack at 8 DMG. If successful, the target becomes Stunned for 2 turns.
        • (8) Assault This unit makes a basic attack at no AP cost against any unit that attempts to disengage from it. Spells and abilities that relocate other units do not trigger this ability.
        • (4) Zombie Apocalypse This champion has Immunity: Disease. While you control at least 5 Zombies, this unit gains Swarm: Festering Corpse.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contained Thrall
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 0
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 44
    • Race: Undead, Jakei, Zombie
    • Class: Brute
    • Base cost: ~47-58
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Binding Chains Enemy champions within 3 spaces take 8 Physical damage and become Ensnared for 2 turns (this damage ignores DEF). This ability's CD is reduced by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.
      • [​IMG] Tremor Opposing champions without Flying within 3 spaces of this unit are knocked back 1 space, gain Lumbering for 2 turns and take 6 Physical damage. Enemy relics in the affected area take 6 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF.
      • [​IMG] Defiant When this champion is successfully attacked it gains Rock Eater for 2 turns.
      • [​IMG] Unstoppable This champion cannot be Stunned,Ensnared, Paralyzed or Rooted, and is immune to Knockback. This unit is also immune to any effects that cause the loss of AP.
      • [​IMG] Lethargic At the beginning of every 6 turns, this champion is in play, it gains Lumbering for 1 turn.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Arctic This unit cannot be Chilled. If this unit is a champion, it has Icewalker and gains +1 DMG while occupying Snow or Ice.
        • [​IMG] Mastermind At the end of its turn, this champion has +1 SPD and Improve Speed for 3 turns if you have 10 or less nora.
        • [​IMG] Antagonize Target champion within 2 spaces can only target and attack this champion for 4 turns. A champion can only be antagonized by one champion at a time.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Redderrick

His current kit makes no sense... How can a contained slave attack, block, dodge, reflect, or stun anyone?

3. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

you wanted an example of you stealth nerfing champions, this is one.

i have to say your build ruins him, my favourite champion, as you know i play zombies, he is actually good as is.

i dont see how your changes are more in line with his lore/art and your reasoning makes no sense.

4. Redderrick

Hes a 58 nora zombie that has defiant and regen 3 ...That means he'll stick more and count towards zombie Apocalypse. He is now a respective tank without being an ubsurd 1v1 font counter with NoKanBull he is ridiculous atm in that regard.

5. Excalibur95

your problem with him is nkd, without that he is Bane Shift and not a good tank or font contestor, he would not win 1v1 either, he barely does with it. if you hate nkd so much make some nerf threads for the jakei over in ST or petition to have the ability removed from the game. fw having 'one' nkd champ is not a big deal honestly, some people make entire decks of nkd champs and apparently they are not that hard to beat and low in the tiers.

i say again contained thrall is fine as is. i run him at 72nora with nkd+stun, thats not cheap. no idea where you got the 58 nora sum from, he is actually 67 at his lowest build. he cant take both nkd and regen 3. and defiant?, your talking Bane Shift.

i know i have played you before, idk anyone else using contained thrall. maybe you lost to me?

you need to start discussions about the champions you want to nerf where other players can contribute. doing things this way is silly, you are making stealth nerfs to a lot of champions.

ive said it before, but your trying to ruin fw. that much is obvious to anyone with a brain.

6. Redderrick

Yeah but NoKhanDo champions are completely different and rely on basic attacks and are significantly higher in cost within ST, The problem with thrall is that he has alternative methods of dealing from a distance without ever having to worry about taking damage. He has a basic attack, has swarm, and NoKanDo and is relatively cheap. Binding Chains and NoKanDo are way to good to be on the same unit alone because it punishes even more for wasting AP on attacks that dont even deal damage in the first place. Not to mention having an AoE 3 AP soaking movement counter which has its own AP soaking Clause via basic attack doesn't even make sense to be partnered with an ability that prevents basic attacks.

Also stop saying Im trying to stealth nerf the entire faction... its obvious that everyone is playing the same bgs everyday... you are complaining about changes to champions you dont even care to look at yet feel entitled when change is suggested on a unit that has been handed a streamlined all around good champion kit that makes no sense for his what he actually is, just has good abilities he shouldn't even have in the first place for the sake of being good rather fulfilling a thematic role

7. Redderrick

His role is the same, AP soaker... except now he wont as broken while doing so

8. Excalibur95

we dont agree.

your remake of thrall is Bane Shift. beyond shoebox, we are talking time before shoes.

i dont even think there is a nerf thread on thrall (before this), which is saying a lot.

k'ento is far worse for starters.

why are you even buffing, sometimes to op levels well beyond thrall, yet nerf thrall and others. its as if you want to make whats up down and down up, not find a balance.

also you didnt even add nerf to the thread title.

i care about thrall.. i dont care to look at every champion you redesign, some i have and you are stealth nerfing, i didnt say all.

its obvious you dont have the required judgement, knowledge or skill to rework anything.

9. Redderrick

Dude look at his expected nora cost, this isn't a nerf... its a rework. He is still extremely efficient for his nora cost... And why do you complain here about other champions being op in comparison... Do your part and speak up on the forums with an actual realistic pitch of compromise. The game is suffering majorly because you arn't.

10. Redderrick

Also I've noticed you only complain about the reworks you don't like, do your part and show support for the useless runes that can be made run-able again in their own right by liking the post it only helps

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

A thrall is simply a being that's under the control of someone else. So I don't see how it can't attack/block.

In any case, he's a playable rune with an interesting, coherent design. I really don't like the mess of abilities you are trying to cram onto him. This is a general criticism of a lot of your suggestions actually - you seem to have a like for cramming as many abilities onto the same champion without regard for the rune's theme - this is the kind of thing that is OK on certain runes, but makes it really hard for players to grok when the runes are so all over the place mechanically and thematically.