Conversation during Players Online: 70

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pipster, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Just checked. He's actually come back and played a few games today. So cickenpox was right all along, he did come back. :3

Sealer0 and BroWatchThis like this.
  2. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Pipster: Professional Pox Stalker

Agirgis1 and Pipster like this.
  3. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Actually thats not a bad idea st3ck.

Knowing who is online doesn't really help us that much.
    The best thing it does is help dodgers.
    I rarely play ranked but even id admit to that if i saw multiple high levels on, i wont queue.
    I mainly do that because i often play fun BG's, where i dont take the most efficient into mind.
    I don't want the headache of a try hard, so i play normal over ranked.
    Often when i do play ranked, its not even because i finally want to play and test my skill.
    Its because im forced to because BG is a ghost town and i really wanna try a deck.

We'd have to retool the chat so that when someone talks in chat you can click their name and get a drag down box.
    Add friend, Add to Ignore, See player profile, Whisper, See Trades
    And anything else that may be useful.
    We don't need names on the side or how many people online/ingame etc.
    If we want to see if someone is online we can check our friendslist.
    If there is someone we need to speak to for some reason and people are telling us "ask x", we can just /who or /tell them.
    Then add them to our friendslist for future reference if we really need to, if not then this was sufficient for this one time interaction.
    If there are influential or "people to know" players in the community, they can be posted in the forums in the Faction threads sticky.

That would kind of leave me where i am now.
    Log on, look at people online.
    Bunch of rando's. Some familiar top players i recognize. Some scrubs i recognize. Some entertaining or trolls i recognize. Maybe a Green.
    I have my guild tab which is usually empty these days. However if i want to talk to them, i have their phone number, or i could click the tab if they are online.
    The conversation wouldn't change in the chat log. Only if you didnt know sum1 was online and you wanted to speak to them in chat.
    Thats solved by already having them as a friend, or /who /tell. Then you just speak into chat normally since you know they are online
    The only thing i see this changing is dodging.
    I could be missing something though.

The hidden numbers and players might help new players stay being that they dont know how many people are on and when they play ranked, theres a match ready, so they have no need to know.
    However, getting TG back up and having enough people be interested and possibly incentivised to play QUICK MATCH could be huge in retaining players
    I think thats what new players may try the most, and from my past experience, theres nothing quick about it. Since noone plays it.
    Guarantee new players games, they are more likely to stay and they have no need to see the numbers.
    The more that stay, the more the number grows, if you want you could bring it back in the future.

Doing this also adds an actual significance to "add friend" which apparently is in the game, but i dont see what use it had.

st3ck likes this.