Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Mention them here with some explanations and I'll take a peek :)

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sunderpede

it's basically the coolest champ but it's not also the best one

fix pls

kyzrin, BurnPyro, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Frostfall Hydra, do you want an explanation of why it's cool or why it's inefficient? Honestly feels like at that price it should come with spontaneous. It's cool because it's a goddamn ice hydra

Woffleet, Braxzee, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  4. Regulate

Also - Not so much a single cool champ but the Djinns in SP are all absolutely horrible, I really love the concept of the gift of the djinn: xx abilities and the synergy that could provide.

But damn... Marid, Dew and Dao are all practically unplayable at the moment

Braxzee and nepyonisdead like this.
  5. Regulate

Honourable shoutout to Prince Malandur too, he's everyones boy - the cow in the cape, but he just costs a bit much. Does he really need trample, opp assault and regal on base? His upgrades are a bit dry too.

6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Boghopper Elite. I like the art, I like the sprite, I like the original set of abilities on him. Pls revert.

Also this way it doesn't change his nora cost.

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Would love to see a Malundur buff <3

Cyclops Symbiot, he's 86 nora at a minimum. Probably because he's got a 14 nora ability on base that only works in his theme making him a fatty in anything else.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  8. Sokolov

He was consiodered pretty OP at launch. He did get nerfed slightly, but I think he's worth 86. I mean, if HE isn't worth 86, then how can any champion ever be?

A rune that's good in his theme is fine - I don't see a need to make every champ meta good.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

by being more efficient, probably

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Also, generally, I am not going to just remove abilities from champs to make them cheaper. That's not the intent here. If you have suggestions, please try and keep them in the realm of keeping units cost roughly where they are.

11. Sokolov

He was discussed quite a bit on the ST forums recently, and he seems ok honestly and already has a -5 nora modifier. What would you change exactly? We discussed him extensively and it doesn't seem like you can make him better without giving up builds people use or just outright massively powercreeping.

12. Sokolov

Why are they unplayable?

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

If you want the costs to remain where they are why make a thread saying cool champs that are inefficient ? Do you mean champs that are bad or champs that cost too much for what they do ?

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Oh I wasn't suggesting to straight up remove it, along the lines of maybe moving that to an upgrade and putting something as a replacement. Probably should have added some context to my last post, my bad.

15. Regulate

What is the intent? I mean, if a champion is cool but inefficient it's probably because it does have some extra cost fat that needs trimming?

16. Sokolov

The intent is to identify what doesn't work on these champs and rework them slightly. But I am not going to turn a bunch of 85 noraish champs into 75 noraish champs.

aseryen and Tweek516 like this.
  17. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I have a couple:
    upload_2017-5-16_21-49-21.png
    Look at Demolisher, he has everything a champ needs to be a new player's favourite. Its a T-Rex with a helmet, its red, has tigger strips, charges at you and pushes everything away. Its awesome but its a 2x2 champ with 6spd with a design that needs more mobility.

I would move Charge 3 to base (its all he does, whats the point on having 3 ranks of the same) and remove regen from U2.
    U1: Mobility and AP gain options:
    Unleash, Pace, Gluttony (its a T-Rex)
    U2: Regen 2, Unstoppable, Mountaneer (to be able to charge over impeding terrain)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Vorian, aseryen and Woffleet like this.
  18. Sokolov

For example, you might say, "None of the options in U1 for the Hydra really helps. except Vivify, but he already has M1 base. We could remove Multiattack from base and have U1 be MA1, Vivify and Zeal: Speed and increase his base SPD to 7 so he can attack more and choose between abilities that help with that."

19. Sokolov

Hmm... those feel like really weird abilities on a DinoBeast.

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

True, i didnt even consider how high the nora cost would be, let me think something better.

Edit: Those look better now

Last edited: May 16, 2017