Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Its a maul, im genuinely surprised it wasnt brute to begin with.

2. Durand

Durand Active Member

Great topic and good discussion. Before going to individual champions, something general I have been thinking of:

Most 2x2 champions:
    Being large is cool, but a big hindrance on most maps. (Compensate by adding +1 damage and maybe health to all 2x2?)

About half of all heroes:
    They are cool, but cost too much to be efficient currently. (Reduce cost of the worst cases maybe?)

A few 1x1 nonhero cool champs, which seem to have been nerfed too much in the past and are useless in their current state/cost:
    -Demonologist
    -Nefari Messenger
    -Demon Lich
    -Keeper of Memories
    -Tide Master
    -Heretic Overlord (weighty)

Big 2x2 Dragons look generally cool. They could really use that +1 damage to stay awesome, but some of them also cost a bit too much. For example:
    -Firemaw
    -Hydraxor
    -Mairdreth
    -Icesnap

Cost of all Titans also seem to be too high to include in any competitive bg.

Some specific abilities:
    -(Semi) Aquatic is a big hindrance even in waterdecks. (Reduce cost a bit more if champion has it?)
    -Weighty is a huge hindrance (Reduce cost much more if champion has it?)
    -Any aura which hurt own champions as well, is as much hindrance as a bonus

PS.
    This was about cool champions, but additional note: More than half of all spells cost too much. 20 is good even for a useless spell. Any spell costing 45 or more should be exceptionally good.

3. DukeofDunks

Im fairly certain being 2x2 gives runes a cost discount, same as any other negative attribute. Unsure if its actually a relevant discount though.

4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

5. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Has mika ever not been played competitively since her conception in maljara?

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

for quite a while actually yes

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Drakon.
    I admit i have never used this dragon.
    It just doesnt fit in FF IS in anyway?
    ideas:
    1. add rock defiance and it would be fearsome, if thats not enough also add race:construct (allthough it doesnt look like one so shouldnt do that i guess)

or
    2. send it to visit vindrax to learn some breathing technique, like firebombs or acid or something

or
    3. send it visit who ever trained Bastion or Fist of bastion in how to survive and get tougher or more resilient.
    or
    4. add class:shaman, hunter:walker/small

this is just a gameloser if you would deploy it as it is now
    upload_2017-5-17_11-38-12.png

Thbigchief and DukeofDunks like this.
  8. DukeofDunks

I remember being so jealous of IS during the broodcall expansion because Drakon was by far the most aesthetic dragon to me. Then he just never got played, i cant speak for its viability since i dont play IS but every faction deserves a dragon. A competitive one at least.

9. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

When? I can't remember her not being good? Other than when people were noobs and weren't running her when she was released.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

she was like 80+ nora for a while after the revamp if i recall

11. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

His 83n build is probably playable currently.

Tweek516 likes this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Crossbones, skeletal sniper, animated blade, decayed merc, skeleton magister (the block spell guy), bonewing, Angel of death, entire vanpire theme,

Durand likes this.
  13. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Spirit Singer lost its signature ability - Resurrect. This ability is even illustrated in her word and art, yet she doesn't have any access to it. She would be cheaper and more useful with it back. Next, having three levels of HC is awkward these days. Why not give her UG 1 the HC2, NS2, and Cocoon. Also, her range is random. Why give her sniper range?

14. PoxAurora

PoxAurora The King of Potatoes

I've seen Messenger, Demon Lich, and Tide Master in several battlemaster-level BG's. I'm not saying they're runes that are great, just saying they're still played. The rest none.

I've only seen Firemaw, Hydraxor, and Icesnap in like a single battlemaster-level deck in the last few months. None on Mairdreth. Probably accurate there.

Titans - Plenty of battlemaster level Moogs.

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I really wish the djinn-Hyanid deck type was more viable.

Unfortunately I don't have time right now to look up everything but as I remember it the problems were that:

a) that most of the gifts were not strong enough that it was worth building a deck around.

b) that most djinn were bad.

c) that a lot of hyanid had dogpile on base which became wasted if you weren't building around that.

Ultimately it just became silly to give up dogpile synergy for weaker synergy and weaker champs in a hyanid-djinn deck.

The easiest fix, as far as I can see, is to make the gift of djinn abilities stronger.

Regulate likes this.
  16. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Wind Sprinter needs a look and reshuffle. His base should be Attack Physical, Zephyr Shield, Mountaineer, and +8 HP. Change his UG 1 to Pace, Vivify, and Vitalize. Drop his damage to 8, and change his UG2 line to Arrow Throw 3, Running Strike, and Quest Runner.

17. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Stitched Magearm.
    A cool rune which has been left unplayed and unchanged for years.
    dJ8JJ8IF0BG2Bf1Bj9Aj9Bj9Ceeeeeigpsjtuqfg.gif

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    19madfox95, Thbigchief and Kampel like this.
  18. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

DemoTeam is cool as hell but like 90 Nora minimum to run. Team on a range champ is a bit meh since you will always want him back from the main fray, meaning he won't be doing much dying and Team is sandbag

19. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

And lets not forget the champion with least efficiency and hp to nora ratio.

joke.jpg

19madfox95 and yobanchi like this.
  20. Brightwood

Brightwood The King of Potatoes

firemaw and magma elemental could use some cost reductions

Durand likes this.