Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

That setup would be super hard to use and not worth cloning champs that are ok at best. 80 nora champ cloning a 75 nora champ eehh with the risk of dying as soon as it is deployed. Could never use against FW for sure.

If take form goes away in ST no big deal. No real need for the faction or breaking up BG strategies.

Abilities like adaptation and stealing enemy champ upgrades seems to fit a bit more with the way the champ looks. Even giving another champ its current AP it has may work as well. Basically the champ can take aspects of another champ but not just out right clone it.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

These are small things-

Corruptor, Deathcaster- add class witch

Dark Apprentice:
    Remove Disease eater from base
    Replace Spellswallower with adaptive (plays better with lich apprentice)

OriginalG1, Netherzen and Thbigchief like this.
  3. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Yes.

Note that if you drop banner + Collective before using the first growth you get +10 base HP, you can also add in Noble Sacrifice for +5 more for total base HP of 36. The champ is then good, but you have to get reveals in the right order so this is way too unreliable.

I'd prefer to pay a tiny bit more and have some utility while it's ramping. Growth (from Pond of Lilies) or seems to be in theme, or possibly Nature's Connections. Put those on U1 and Supercharged 2 on base?

4. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

Giving High Warlock Repurpose back would be the Dream of my dreams!
    He was one of the runes that got me into the game.
    Ravish is not efficient at all (anyone using it?)

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I remember a thread from a while ago with a lot of different suggestions for Aspect of Life in the KF Forum. Was it there?

6. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

here's the thing though putting adaptation on him wouldn't make any sense and he was originally about stealing the forms of enemy champs and also turning allied champs into copies of them.
    and neither is he about stealing enemy upgrades.
    what i wanted to do was give him back his original niche but put huge liabilities and restrictions on him so 1. he can't break the game and 2. people won't complain about him.
    like at this point the only way to get something like soulpainter working is with ridiculous nutjob restrictions.
    and these were the only ones i could think.
    low base health pool , doubled dmg from enemy spells? and though i didn't say this i was also thinking of putting font ignorance on him. ( and maybe more? faithless? can't deploy relics if if thats even possible to code? can't receive bonus ap from allied sources?)
    right now he's this cool rune based on a incredible idea but as it is now he was turned into a sh itty 100 nora copy of clayform and lost his signature skill(grant take form) cuz the devs just didn't wana bother the time with fixing him by putting restrictions and clauses and so on. (atleast thats what it feels like to me)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Something I just want to throw in without reading everything: sometimes -1 speed can help? Prime example for me is deep elf fire dancer which has 5 speed but is incredibly fun and strong

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Rock guardian, it needs race:dwarf,construct and Rock Defiance to be a real cool champ worthy his art.
    upload_2017-5-20_14-16-11.png

Kampel likes this.
  10. Braxzee

It is exactly what happened...Take grant form is really not needed in ST. If she were to copy abilities and give them to other champs that would be pretty awesome. Pretty much the same mechanic that AOI had when she would take a charge and give a charge away. It would still follow that cloning niche with out all of the restrictions and squishy going on.

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Sand Spitter
    upload_2017-5-20_15-57-43.png
    Cool Art, never used because for a ranged Arthropod you have Myx's, for sand srpray you have 5 cheaper options, for a 2x2 consume champ you have Broodlord and even if it would make sense with the myx summons this is not a tank, for sand generating in general you have 20 other runes.
    Basically its kit is not useless as an individual champ, has a ton of self synergy but its only used on themes like Arthropod or Sand bgs and for that the self sustained kit of abilities becomes a sand bag (lol).

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I don't like this thread, not all champions are meant to be efficient.

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Grekin,
    I think the thread is positive overall. I take efficient to mean not overshadowed by other runes, not in terms of nora efficency

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Ravish is kind of weird because it doesn't really work well with the FW bonus.

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Here is a suggestion for Goblin Collector. It's not so much because he is terrible, as that I think this small change would make him so much cooler:

Add clone matter (the ability from mystic atelier and Croma extinguisher) to upgrade path 1.

My reasoning for this is :
    1) it synergizes with provision
    2) it fits his flavour well, collecting stuff - building stuff
    3) it suits goblin theme with their tactic of using the enemies stuff against them. I've always wanted it to be in goblins.
    4) it fills an incomplete upgrade line.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Being that big and powerful he needs more damage even if he gets a cost hike.

17. Braxzee

Well some of the suggestions are thematic requests. Efficient to some become in efficient to others. Like making soul painter to become efficient in taking form versus just getting rid of the ability all together which in having another jakei with psionic is more efficient to me than it being an efficient take form champ. Which would not be a very efficient ability for myself no matter how great it is at taking form by being Nora efficient

18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Although I do get your point, I've read this thread and the most I see is a bunch of ok champions that aren't that good anymore and need to get super strong again to jump into the meta. There are however, exceptions like the Soul Painter, Turtle Rider, and whatever else never sees play(Great Eagle anyone?) because they have abilities or stats that make the champion worse than subpar. Of course I do believe the aforementioned runes should just lose rune these unoriginal abilities hindering them, since forever.

I'd rather have Pox having a wide variety of options for BG building, but apparently people just want power.

19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Since it's been forever since an expansion, and the midterm is only 4 runes, I would quite like a buff patch just to give some variety to the runes I run.

I'm not really bothered if they are shoebox or not.

20. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Death Lily, this one was well-played back in the day. But it has lost its luster. It has too many negatives on it to be playable, and its kit is too lopsided. Death Lily's should fit more into the swamp style of theme.

DAM - 8
    SPD - 6
    RNG - 1-3
    DEF - 1
    HP - 51

Base
    Attack: Poison
    Lethal Poison
    Plant Regen 3
    Semi Aquatic

UG1
    Dragging Attack