Core/Extended meaning?

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by naushika, Mar 20, 2014.

1. naushika

naushika Member

Hi, I'm new to this game and want to buy some packs - but what exactly is the difference between core and extended? Is there a list of cards that I can see which come from either pack?

Thanks!

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Core is release set up and including to the Grimlic's Descent Expansion

Extended is everything everything else up to but not including the most recent expansion.

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It might be a decent idea to include a filter in the checklist for the 3 packs you can buy. It isn't easy for someone who doesn't know all 20+ expansions what falls where.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

@naushika
    If you go to Rune checklist, you'll see a serie of drop menus, one of them is releases, the first 6 from that list are the core set, the rest, not counting the latest, are the extended set.
    These two have different forge (and market) values, and that makes extended set boxes preferable unless you want some of the legendaries on the core set.

5. Authyrtyr

Is there a different LEG drop table between the three expansions.

6. KTCAOP

I don't understand the question, sorry.

7. Authyrtyr

Do different LEG drop from different packs.

8. KTCAOP

Yes, core legendaris drop from core packs, extended legendaris drop from extended packs, and the latest release legends drop from the latest release packs.

Boxes as well.

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

See I totally think this should at the very least include a filter list for what exactly is in core/extended to avoid this type of confusion which will continue to pop up.

Zenity likes this.
  10. KTCAOP

It's a valid point and I'm not against it. I'll try to finish up on the rune pool so that you can more clearly see which runes come from which pack(s)