Core Set Artwork Variants

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xiven, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

So, Pox Nora has come a long, long way from the Pox Nora Release Set. In a way, it's gone from Magic: The Gathering's "Alpha" to modern. Part of what makes Pox Nora great, however, is that we still use Core Set Runes all the time; they're always relevant, and they're often good, like most Runes. Unfortunately, as is natural, the artwork then doesn't quite compare to what we have now (Sorry, artists!).
    I was thinking it might be interesting to create a couple art and sprite variants for the more... simplistic Champions. I mean, what's a Minotaur BG without Thunderhoof?
    48.jpg~original.jpg There he is, in all his blocky, broad-headed, fat-fisted glory. (Sorry, Shayne Bingham!)
    I feel like they just don't fit aesthetically, outside of their sets. Mind that I'm not asking for a rework, just more of a... "reprint," if you will. Same rarity (because Limiteds make me sad), same stats, same abilities, updated artwork and sprite. Maybe just try a couple, see how people like them. Who knows, it could make Core Set cool again! *Cough*
    Maybe I'm alone on this one. Probably. I'ma go hide under @IMAGIRL 's bed now. >_>

2. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

well, reskinning them would take effort and all that, but shouldnt be very hard to pull off for the devs' they could do a "in between expansions" pack of reskined release set runes for people who are willing to buy them to make their Elder Garu look spiffy. then making them craftable afterwards when the next expansion hits the bricks. would be fun to see 2-3 variants of draksar Lord but it'll be purely if the devs are willing to reskin them and if there are enough people willing to spend on giving Grekin new hoofs and sparkling bones

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Wait, that was you?

soulmilk, Leadrz and Skullferno like this.
  4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Damn, someone found my ultimate secret hiding spot.

soulmilk likes this.
  5. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

there's a whole party below that bed