Could use some help with a skeleton deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by edmek55555, Feb 10, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

So I poxboxed a few cards I need for a skeleton bg I am trying but I am having trouble getting a few. If anyone has:

1-2 Blackblade barons
    1-2 Doom
    1-2 Bone elementals
    1-2 stitch first
    1 hoarfrost lich
    1 bone circle archmage
    1 Forsaken doombringer

Please let me know. I don't have a ton to trade but I can definitely try to work something out. Thanks in advanced for any help

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Doom, first, Doombringer. Why do you want these for a skeleton deck. Doom in general isn't great right now. If you want first for healing then you're looking to play skeletons wrong and yeah fw doom bringer isn't very good. FW playstyle isn't one that will have you benefiting a lot from adaptive

3. edmek55555

I like doom to get rid of big time threats without much hassle. The short lived will goat enemies into attacking or just taking the loss of their unit. All the games I have been in tend to be stand offish for quite some time. Hopefully doom can give me an advantage in that situation. Doom bringers partially for the same reason, partially for the magical damage. First for reconstitute and yes, healing. I wouldn't waste it on the cheap meat, but serkan, xulos, and bloodbinder can definitely benefit. I don't want to play the standard meta skeletons, hoping to make a new competitive deck in a game full of "if you don't play this exact way, it is wrong"

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I strongly recommend not playing skeletons. They just got gutted. Invest in worms.

Edit: I've played exclusively skeletons for the past two patches, and I can assure you that lerper was one of the most important runes in the deck, and he has no replacements.

Also, doom doesn't work in skeletons. They require high resources and deploys.

See my threads for skeleton play help

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

because u need to cram as many exos/legs into ur deck as u can to optimize it. don't u guys know anything about deckbuilding?

6. edmek55555

I don't know anyone in pox who doesn't want to have as many cards as possible. Why wouldn't I want to have all the exos and legendaries? Even if they end up being flops in this deck its not like the card is unusable afterward

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

They won't be unusable but only a handful of the runes in your list are very splashable.
    I am a veteran with a large collection that makes and plays a ton of different decks, and I can tell you from experience that I have never felt a need for more than 1 copy of doom or stitched first (including in stitched decks). The last time I used doombringer in a competitive deck it looked very different than it does now.

Maybe I'm overstepping my bounds by giving you this advice, but if you are a newer player with limited resources I would suggest that you focus on attaining the cards that will A) help the deck that you are currently running and B) find their way into other decks you start to make as your collection grows. All the runes in your list are pretty cool and fun to play, but I personally wouldn't prioritize those that themacca pointed out until I had a well-developed collection.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

This is 100% spot on advice. Not to mention, it is MUCH easier to play well by becoming knowledgeable with a single deck. You will learn the mechanics, decision making, and power / weaknesses by playing a single deck. .

So, if you are looking at making a skeleton deck, take a look at my tier list, and ask questions. I can even help you conserve your budget (hoarfrost lich is garbage, for instance). I play skeletons more than any other player these past few months.

I seriously recommend a different theme, as well. The way I won so many games with them was through cheesy plays, and their best cheese just got moldy.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Skellies are fine. Tiny is running them in top 10 atm.

Somnolence likes this.