Current BGs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

The deck I'm showing is more based on build up; constructs in general require build-up. A few important notes and combinations:
    1. Always have a minimum of 1 engineer on the field.
    2. Use 2x Silverclan Hoplites to turtle-tank. They are an extremely solid tank line when set up, and doesn't require too much of it. Enduring Aura, double Hold the Line for defender and attempt to Build'Em Tough (providing them with Tough 3). At best, they'll be blocking 11 damage and are practically immune to damaging AoE spells.
    3. With Valdaci Shield Warden you can create an even stronger tank line with the double Hoplites.
    4. Try to spam Groble Piledrivers, and if you're against a deck that lacks efficient or reliable healing, use the piledrivers (after building'em tough x3 on them, which is optional) in order to harass your opponent's champions, and would make better harass with Electricity Aura from Engineer/Tinkerer as well.
    5. Grintmaw Hymn combined with the Hoplites tank set-up is extremely annoying to play against. Grintmaw Hymn in general is a strong spell.
    6. The deck itself relies a lot on stalling with Silverclan Hoplites while dishing in damage/harass from Silverclan Purger, Silverclan Protector, Valdaci Bolters and Groble Piledrivers.
    7. Rugolth's Revenge is just annoying to face when he's fully built up by the Engineers, and becomes a hardcore physical tank with a Hoplite nearby.
    8. Gravity Flux is a spell I'll always run due to the "surprise mu'fugga" aspect it has with it, and can completely screw over with your opponent.

2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

So we Back in the Desperate Heal times?

Damn IS healing has fallen hard.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am tryin out Morin's Corner instead atm. Cheaper but less effect. If you get a second heal off though it usually becomes more efficient.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I faced a Vengeful Serken deck a few days ago and he rushed 2 broken bones at me. I split them both 3-4 times and used Medal on Terraformer to proc Battle Leader 7 times with one Lava Storm. 30 damage Serkan was scary but it was nothing compared to 5x 25 damage ranged units.

7. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Mark do update your construct bg here as you go on. You have much more IS experience and constructs do look like fun, I wanna make a bg but I lack a template to base it on (PS I have many questions regarding the bg above but Ill wait till your newest one comes out and then hammer strike you with questions) :)

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm still running the same deck above. I will likely start from scratch after the expansion to make room for Purgers.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

have i ever mentioned that medal of valor is complete bollocks as an equipment

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

upload_2016-8-2_17-30-2.png

OriginalG1 likes this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What makes NC Avenger x2 in your BG?

13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

He cray, they used to be a risk due to the fact if that's all you pulled first turn, but with the new mulligan that's never going to really be a problem

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Cull and Spur means she is doin 18 damage per attack without Banner, Commander, etc. assuming the opposing champ has 0 AP. Hunter Meek is bugged atm to reduce damage from all sources but even without she reallllly strong.

15. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Tried her out with that build, pretty damn incredible though i always find multi 3 tempting

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

thanks for posting a brand bg

I coped your dwarf bg, but instead of king maker or paladin commander I used Ironfist Standardbearer, and sharp shooter. Mid way into the game I was like whoa, if sharp shooter was not in here I would have no detection. Haha, man what I would give for a Righteous Deflection right now. Then I look at all the bg's you have posted on this thread and none of these bg's use righteous deflection or unobstructed view. This thread is a red herring. I have seen all the proof I need.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That deck has Guard Tower and Hahndor Memorial for destealth

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

the dwarf bg has no hard detection
    I know; in my heart of hearts, that if you and me where in game and I could kill a unit of yours from range, that unit, in the gib zone, will most certainly have Righteous Deflection. We both also know you have been known to dabble refute, and no evidence of these spells are present in these examples. These bg's are decptions.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I always build 29 rune decks and have a 30th rune that rotates almost every 2-3 game. I usually add whatever was most necessary for recent games. I dont like RD very much these days though it occasionally goes in if I see an influx of KF opponents. With the dwarfs I didnt see much need for detect. It would likely bite me if I face a full stealth deck but I havnt in a long time.