Current costing system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Sep 10, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Anyways my main reason for the thread was to see if people could find similar runes that fill similar roles but the costs seem off a bit. I've noticed things like voil, fw units that when maybe compared to runes from other factions they look super cheap.

2. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

super, skeez are easy to play, i just dont think much of their 60 nora cheap champs, theres not much to them. smells like a nerf thread to me or are you saying we should keep the themes you listed including voil as they are, genius.

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'd seriously exclude Leoss from this list as almost all of them aren't efficient at all, and are actually expensive - which makes them hard to run in quite a few maps as they need to be together(even if you're not running a Phalanx module). Tiny has never lost as much with any BG recently as he did with Leoss, and it was exactly when they needed to separate. They're only efficient when together, and able to stack all their buffs. Otherwise they're overcosted for what they do.

Agree with the rest though.

jeeperz2 and super71 like this.
  4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

JellyBerry likes this.
  5. super71

I agree with them separating and being worse, however leoss are certainly pretty dang efficient. When I normally look to build a decent bg I look for as many champs under 74 nora as possible and go from there, looking at leoss they have quite a few champs that are in that nora range. Also leoss support has some decent damage dealers also, if you can find me an invigorate and divert champ with 12 base damage and 52 base hp i'd be thoroughly impressed.

Also jangar arcanis still exists so.....

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

7. davre

How observant of you.

JellyBerry likes this.
  8. ChiaoLung

So how does that answer his question and how is it relevant? Or are you just providing another problem champ from that period?

9. davre

JellyBerry likes this.
  10. ChiaoLung

Vague responses are oh so helpful....

11. davre

OK to recap for the slower amongst us:

Right now, the game is as balanced as it has ever been. The above link is to the champion that exemplifies the era that our beloved OP has decided is roughly equal to the current game. That era featured games where KF players would literally deploy a single champion, cast a bunch of spells, and win games.

Has this system now been better though?

Yes. There are 3 decks that are a cut above the rest in voil, skywings, and creepers. After that it is a wide open field with loads of decks able to compete against one another. You can see that in this very thread, where people are claiming that Leos should also be in that list, and in Super's list itself, where he has decided that Skeezick - a deck with low mobility that is hampered by the current map rotation - can overcome this weakness to compete as a top-tier deck. You can also see this in the game's chat, where some knowledgeable veterans have recently been discussing how !monks! could well be a top deck if someone good ever took a stab at it.

The closest I've seen the game's balance come to its current level is during that stagnant patchless phase of SOE. Like now, there were loads of deck archetypes (3 or 4 + junk per faction is excellent) that you could compete with, though there were still some outliers. Unlike today, those outliers included a lot of splits like Devils' AP denial deck feat. Timmay and SP/FW chasming. If you take a look at the cactuar crate, you can also see that Sok is taking measures to bring some of those top decks down, and you can absolutely expect balance to become even tighter in the near future.

Balance is a moving target, and it can always be better, but these constant whining threads are delusional at best.

12. ChiaoLung

Thank you for actually making a coherent comment that couldn't be construed in several ways. For what it's worth I agree with you, even if you're being an ass about it.

13. davre

It's a Super thread; best to be terse.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. super71

Should skeezick be on the list with those others, maybe not but I put them there because they are cheap and have good stats as do most other powerful themes these days. Your right about the current map rotation being skeezicks downfall, however that is the only thing you listed as skeezick's weakness currently. I said before that their were problematic runes from the gedden revamp, but I could just as easily pick out runes now that are broken. Not a any point did I say skeezick could compete with any of the other themes I listed, what I said word for word was "They only aren't tier 1 because things like shattered peaks, dragons, and fw are in a tier of their own right now." Which is essentially exactly what you said here

"Yes. There are 3 decks that are a cut above the rest in voil, skywings, and creepers." Other than the fact that you somehow missed zombies entirely and said creepers ?

Also skeezick would be the strongest theme in sl right now if skywings/dragons weren't so overpowered right now.

Your most likely an alt of someone I offended, and you judge my thread but I can guarantee you have made less of an impact with your threads in this game than I have and that might be partially why your so jealous/angry. I"m starting to notice this a lot lately, with many players.

If you can find a thread where I was completely out of line balance wise i'd be more than happy to explain my stance on it.

Once again this wasn't a "nerf skeezick" thread as the theme itself doesn't need a nerf yet, however in the future i'm sure i'll make one and i'll keep your name tagged and ready for when it happens.

@davre

15. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I actually like where the game is headed balance wise, this game atm is more balanced then it has been in years the biggest problems we have as far as balance goes are themes and over efficient low costing champs. I do agree that some themes shouldn't have certain abilities but I don't think adding more nora to it because it's in a certain faction or theme will work out so well.

Champions should also have more abilities to choose from and less auto upgrades the majority of champions are used the same way. I can only imagine the limitless potential runes would have if you could customize them better, I think Pox players would enjoy having those options.

16. super71

Never said increase the Nora cost of anything, I'm simply curious if some champs are under costed and some are over costed and why.

17. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

super for the record i think your nerf threads seem mostly reasonable. ok now i understand this isnt a nerf thread but why would you say you will make a nerf skeez thread one day, how do you know what the state of skeez will be in the future, unless you are going by what they currently are.

i play skeez most of the time, i do struggle, i see too many bg's that are way better than mine, these games are not usually decided by skill.

i dont know much about why the current map rotation sucks, havent paid attn... i know i prefer to play maps with a middle font.

although i havent played any other sl themes, i have played against them and watch games, imo draksar, meta / valdaci runes, skywings, dragons are all better than skeez.

18. super71

Every theme at one point or another becomes overpowered, skeezick right now are on the cusp of becoming overpowered. I'm a betting man and gonna say they will be overpowered in the near future, so I was just letting @davre know that when that happens I'll be more than happy to make a nerf skeezick thread.