Current Meta of UD?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Revengercm, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I am not finding any UD player other than agirgis and he is running elf. I was just wondering if anything is good right from UD. I am running almost full exo bg, all demon but I can't seem to handle in most parts. I find myself losing because I get owned by range units (even with ireguards, demon shields, breath of ash) or get outnorad if you can make it a word.

Anyone thinks they need a fix? I'm thinking of changing to FW but they're weak as well in the current meta and those 2 factions are the only ones that look cool to run imo. Which is weird since FW was always on top of the game way back.

Some runes cost too much nora? Not enough range because some champs lost range. What do they need?
    Is demon good to run? spiders, imps, minos, elfs, stiched, fire, vampiric etc?

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

minotaurs and spiders are strong
    fire bg also quite strong imps ate goid but they need to tweaked as a racial

3. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

From my experience, I think Spiders are the strongest theme currently due to summon spam. Mixed meta, Minotaurs, and Elves are also strong and competitive. I have limited experience against Imps, but they've been strong when I've played against them and mischief is a powerful racial. Relatively, I'd still put them below the previously listed themes.

I played stitched for a while. They aren't awful, but they rely too much on several runes (namely Sitched Tyrant). I occasionally see fire around upper exo league, but usually it's the same guy who has been playing fire everytime I've faced him over the past year and a half. No idea about bleed/vampire theme.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

What does elves look like?

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Elves are good, due to them being overly efficient, for the most part.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

At least now everyone runs the same bg on the top levels, so just copy it from them. Theres no deck diversity.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If you're going for a pure goodstuff deck you'll want warogg, nef dragon, dep, manslayer, grimlic, perhaps nef caverunners, nef guardian.

Though none of those (except dep) are essential, and there are a lot of excellent champs that could be interchanged with them - I like pincisions and reavers.

8. Revengercm

Well that is what I feel right now. I am in literally on the weakest side of UD right now. I guess I will just wait till they fix it while I try to get some good runes for UD demon bg and start making an undead one because you should have at least 2 factions played in this game just in case the meta for your played faction is off.
    Honestly I tried x2 of everything:
    Manslayer
    Deep Elf Priestess
    Grimlic
    Klzik
    Demonvein
    Goblin Gloom
    Imp Vixen
    Soulbleeders
    Ash Maiden
    Vothsair Ireguard
    Nefari Messenger
    Sheoul Magus
    Gahlroon
    Pit Dragon
    Fanatics
    Arbiters
    Sheoul Demon
    Deep Monks
    CaveRunners
    I mean those are the ones I actually consider good. At least for my playstyle. When Ronin Hits I hope I can try the new vothsairs plus the forgable legendaries.

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

some of those champs are a little more theme oriented like Klick, or ash maiden. Others are just too costly to really do you any good since you might want to stick to something cheaper and better without driaing yourself.

I recommend some of these guys:

pincushion anti range

goblin archer (kind of costly but his attack and range in UD is a god send)

goblin spellkaiser pretty versatile guy

warogg is a must

deep elf summoner for her imp and invig 2

demon lich

demonologist is fun and can couple him with summoner

imp strangler have come in handy for me

nefari dragon has been useful with 7 speed and flamestrike 3

thunderhoof is good if it's a big map, but still useful even if it's not

I like reaver still and he's cheaper than ireguard and tanky

10. Revengercm

honestly demon lich sucks imo. Even before she got nerf it still sucked for me. In no way that helped me. Klzik is still good. I know is better in spider bg but it still works very well in my demon bg. I would like to try demonologist and reaver but I'll have to wait for Ronin. I am also thinking of cinderpede or disciple. Tried summoner, meh. Pincushion is way too weak and just the arrow by itself doesn't help me. I will have to try warrog.

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

pinsuchoion deals a bit more damage thanks to damage shield and aura since you can't do anything but close range to him. Demon lich is good for attack and clense since UD sees little of clenseing, along with her magical damage for alt damage at 1-3 range. She also can attack twice for 3 ap each thanks to cleansing flame not going off the attack chain. Good support unit. Set ablaze also helps when you want to immobilize and tough champ for a turn and deal with something else in the mean time.

but w/e works for you, just my opinions

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Harbs are good, if you've got 'em.

RasielCZ likes this.
  13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Revengercm

now don't make me feel bad girgis ;(

15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Everyone has their opinions and i respect this much. :)

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I think Demon Lich is auto, but that may just be my opinion

17. Revengercm

Maybe I should give it a try. I mean in a fire bg I would find her or it better because she always seems to die fast when I use it.

18. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

Is it only me that runs Imp Stranglers 2x auto for the past 2-3 years?

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

they are pretty tits man

I run x2 because of the constrict + shadow spawn

20. Revengercm

I know this is off topic but which exos are the midtern ones? I'm thinking of buying 2 steam cards for x2 holidays deluxe packs and 5 of midtern.