Current ST power could do with some trimming.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Feb 7, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I don't disagree orb is why the snow spinner is able to use his ability every round, my point is st has 4-5 units with this ability, and this is the only one really worth using it on, the next best would be yeti curate and honestly I just run her with the cheap build due to lack of snow production.

the synnergy of the two abilities on the same unit is likely the issue, but keep in mind not every unit with the ability also has orb, and on those units it's a serious draw back to the ability.

2. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

orb of frostfall rank 2 is 8 range.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Keep in mind that Orb is not a free ability, Orb Rank 2 is actually 10 nora, which is a hefty chunk of nora.

No, I recently went in and adjusted the cost of ranged based on DMG.

Note too that 2 of the Snow Shroud units aren't even ranged.

I think the overall nature of Snow Shroud is fairly balanced, but can see why people have a problem with CD1, but as pointed out, it's likely that it's Snowspinner herself that's strong and not Snow Shroud. If it's CD2, it'll probably be cheaper in cost and/or AP too.

Snow Shroud was recently nerfed to Evasive/Reflexes 2. Used to be 4 AP, 6 spaces and Evasive 3/Reflexes 3.

GoldTiger likes this.
  4. Excalibur95

and the best way to beat ST snow shroud............

play ST and use keeneye crown LOL.

some factions are just spoiled.

5. Sokolov

While interesting, it's another code change in a long line of code changes to do, and would make it inconsistent with other targeted/duration based mechanics (such as Sirocco, Burning Sandspout, etc.).

GoldTiger likes this.
  6. Excalibur95

flag of unification used to infuriate me back when it was played more, someone loves ST.

7. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

/thread.

Best way to get things done is make a thread on the forums.

8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Why should a good champ build with nice synergy be changed? Champs across POX need to have better builds that make sense. It is like finally a champ that is built well that has the right cost. Bastion is tough due to it has a good build. To me the issue is more champs need to have their builds make sense. There are too many champs with bad builds.

9. calisk

really? it's a pretty crappy equipment.... under most scenarios, and as a CC rune you can often do better then massively buffing all of your opponents other champions.

I did love it when it gave charge though but those days were a very long time ago

10. calisk

good champs with good synnergy are the only champs that should ever get nerfed.

everything in pox is currently balanced based on a cost equation. this cost equation cannot ever account for synnergy between abilities, and thus all of the strongest champions in pox are those that have expected or unexpected synergies between abilities or other runes that they are played with

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Make it CD 2 (np lowering the cost or AP, would make it less abusable) or Remove Orb from Snowspinner (the unit makes the restriction of snow pointless, so it's basically a cd1 Grant: Evasive + Grant: Reflexes), problem solved.

12. Excalibur95

1. well worth the 10 nora making everyone trail snow, it makes it hard to maneuver, its still impeding right?

2. they are support / utility units? dont need range.

3. its snow shroud thats strong, just happens so is snowspinner, makes a champ almost unkillable, hey i dont like naria strangler either unless i played her.

4. i run dunewalkers mantle x2 in SL just for evasive 2, its so strong on right unit........ buy hey i hate playing vs arrow eater too and think thats op too.

13. Excalibur95

keep the synergy on snowspinner then, just increase snow shrouds cooldown, theresv no law to say it has to work every your turn. bastion is still way good ya know, despite nerfs.

14. Sokolov

The point is that people saying Snowspinner gives snow for free is being hyperbolic.

What?

4. i run dunewalkers mantle x2 in SL just for evasive 2, its so strong on right unit........ buy hey i hate playing vs arrow eater too and think thats op too.[/QUOTE]

That's the point of Pox Nora - you build decks to find strong combinations to beat your opponent, and abilities have variable power levels in different situations.

If all abilities were weak and had no impact it would be a different game.

In any case, as I said, I can see why CD1 is a problem for some people.

15. Sokolov

Also, I remember when I nerfed Dunewalker's recently. Glad it's still playable.

16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Any decent player will never run Orb 2 unless the bg focuses terrain, so it's actually half that. And this case is one of those where the value of two different abilities on a single champ greatly surpasses the cost.

10 nora for a cd1 Grant: Evasive + cd1 Grant: Reflexes? Not a big price to pay honestly.

17. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Everyone runs rank 1 sok. 5 nora for impending snow on your opponents is pretty good, and I'd say pays for itself outside of snow shroud even. Also creates a nice little wall around snowspinner so even if the melee die you can't quite reach her.

18. Sokolov

How much would you pay for an ability that was:

Grant Reflexes 2 and Evasive 2 at 2 AP and CD1 to a single target within 5 spaces no terrain or other requirements?

Because Orb 1 + Snow Shroud is currently at 10 nora for this ability which seems fair (though slightly above efficiency), but the Snow is useful out of this context too, of course, which could make the case that it's Orb that's undercosted.

19. Sokolov

I was responding mostly someone referencing 8 spaces on this page, which was referencing Rank 2. But yes, Orb 1 is 5 nora.

Point is that it's not free.

20. Excalibur95

sok...

a one of cost of nora in ability is still better and pretty cheap than an alternative of having to spend nora every so many turns to generate snow / ice.

snowspinner is more a utility champ, heal, snow shroud, orb of frostfall, it sits in the back, utility champs dont need an attack or range per se, its got 6 dmg people are not using it for its range.

cool