Current ST power could do with some trimming.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So you are saying Snowspinner is overcosted because it's paying for RNG it isn't using?

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Don't know why but this reminds me. DMZ aura 3 + elsari coven = 10 nora (inkblight). Freezing aura = 8 nora. 2 nora for dmz 3 aura PogChamp. That surely has to be 'free' in your books. Hint hint she's also has a bit too much going on with her kit (imo. And for a long time I was calling her the best, if not at least top 5 units in the game). But FW isn't being spammed in ranked as of yet so it doesn't even matter amrite.

3. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i remember if my memory is correct, it used to give evasive 3 and was much better, not sure why you nerfed it theres worse out there... reflexes and/or evasive get added to a lot of things too easily.

4. Sokolov

You remember wrong, it used to be an offensive equipment.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Excalibur95

i never used it as an offensive equip, not sure why i thought it was evasive 3 then.

6. Sokolov

It used to give Sandstriker instead of Evasive 2. I honestly don't know how you could have never used it offensively.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Excalibur95

i didnt start using SL and dunewalkers mantle until after it must have been changed into a defensive equip.

8. Sokolov

Ah, you are a very recent SL player then, because that changed happened in the last few months (and hasn't been changed since).

9. Excalibur95

it seems i started with skeezick / my first SL deck around sep 2016, i would have added dunewalker's mantle later than that so yep pretty new to them.

10. Sokolov

Incidentally, let's say Snow Shroud was changes to 1 AP, 2 CD to match Grant: X, and costed 4 nora or so.

Why should we even have Snow Shroud as an ability at that point? Wouldn't it better to just remove Snow Shroud and give that unit Grant: Evasive and Grant: Reflexes?

The difference would be so minor that one would just rather have the Grants in almost all cases - even on the Snowspinner, the advantage of being able to split up the targeting and get more triggers of Support Ally would more than compensate for +2 nora.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The correct answer is Halberd of j'third

12. Excalibur95

omfg, right you are!

if such a thing exists it has to be ST's.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Nah im up for work at that time.

14. Sokolov

That's a really old Relic.

Spot Precision is a bit of an ST thing though, it's true. Of the 5 runes that give spot Precision, 3 are ST, all of which are fairly old runes (Ailur Concord, Keeneye Crown and Halbred). The other 2 are an IS spell and an FS equipment.

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Precision on Bullseye for those with race: elf and class: archer when?! (kidding, but not really)

16. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I can play this game...

bone mine

if such a thing exists it must be fw

stone trap

if such a thing exists it must be sp

demon shield

if such a thing exists it must be ud

etc....

seriously every faction has good runes, st is thematically linked to kf, and thus we get some of the abilities that they do and vice versa, precision is just one we share. it's like how ud for a very long time exclusively had arrow eater and is still the primary benefactor of that ability

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Precision isn't too common in KF though. You guys have it better. :p

18. calisk

and? kf has better ranged units higher speed, better relics in general, and more advantages just as st has many advantages as well. The point was not who has it better it was that it became an ability that's part of the faction due to us both having lots of rangers, like factions with lots of shamans end up with vaproize or what not.

st units also lack numerous defensive abilities but make up for it in counters, we also use abilities like these to bolster the defenses of units.

I realised immediately the difference I started playing sp champions...every single unit I selected had a defensive ability and/or evasive 2-3. I feel like i'm walking around with super tanks and these are just average units in their faction, just the elementals that fit a knock back theme, I can only image what it's like playing sl with hunter walker and evasive three or one with nora lol.

19. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

sweet, make her range 1 and cheape
    I would trade precision out for knock back on some Jakei

20. calisk

i would trade precision out for any knock back abilitiy except the actual knockback ability on any unit in st that wants to have it.

it's the whole reason i'm splitting with sp, since they have so much of it

Braxzee likes this.