Cyberdemons

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Revengercm, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Since Goblins are a full theme now, I think it's a good idea to introduce a new full UD faction theme (Naria doesn't feel evil enough although it should continue).

Maybe we could have a robotic expansion (need futuristic champs) and for UD it could be cyberdemons.

Inspired by the one and only DOOM's Cyberdemon:
    [​IMG]

What could be different from other UD's themes?

"Energy cannot be created nor destroyed" - First Thermodynamic principle

I'm thinking of something like the charges system but transferable between units. The cyberdemons/race have universal energy storage in their robotic bodies.

An example. we have a demon with a mechanical robotic flamethrower jaw but can only be used by this universal cyberdemon-ish energy. When he kills a champ, he uses the remaining energy from its body (ATP in biology) and converts it into that universal energy for him or other cyberdemons. It could convert it into 1 energy point or more depending on the original champ's health (science wise).

Lets say he has 3 energy points. With that he can land an aoe fire attack OR transfer those energy points to another cyberdemon for his electrical punch charge attack at 3 energy points. The energy will probably be used as quickly as possible because if the champ dies, the energy is vanished. I don't think it could be too OP if the champs are close ranged and they have to kill a champ for just an extra attack caused by energy points.

The strategy here is to maintain the energy safe for the user and for the defender to make that energy disappear before it gets too strong. I also think if the champs is distracted and cannot transfer the energy, other champs can absorb. Not too high on AP though. Maybe 1-2 because killing champs isn't an easy task though it's UD.

For relics I'm thinking cyberdemon energy source where the cyberdemons absorb energy from the relic or the relic sparse energy for all close champs.

Another relic could modify stats permanently for the cyberdemons when they're close to the relics.

For spells. Maybe one that makes champion lose all of its cyberdemon-ish energy and the same amount is dealt to close champions.

That's all for now!

@Senshu @Sokolov

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't think we'd go full robot, but something here could be used. I think I'd be reluctant to make this a construct thing, but perhaps it's a way to revive Mutants in UD by making some kind of demonic mutation.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  3. Revengercm

Ok good.

I don't think it's full robot. like the pictures shown, it's half life, half "man made". It's sad to hear a robot theme won't be introduce. Maybe it could be a faction. Maybe one about aliens and another one about robots. May make the game feel fresh.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The Valdaci and constructs are pretty close already. There does seem to be something here that can be explored as long as it stays within the constraints of Pox Nora lore. Don't want to jump the Shark!

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. Revengercm

Maybe a new resource is discovered and it is used to make metal weapons and armors. Maybe more powerful than stitched's since stitched seems to be made of wood and magic.

6. Senshu

Can't be "more powerful" than Stitched but it could play on a similar type of mechanic. With that said we need to avoid going too Science Fiction in a Fantasy game. There are definitely areas to explore, but we would want to do it in a way that makes sense.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Revengercm

@Skeezick

8. Senshu

Valdaci

9. Revengercm

Sorry Senshu. You didn't get it.

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'm against this tbh - for the reasons senshu mentioned.

11. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

dont dare to give stitched mechanics to others tsk tsk....
    anyway...you dont want robotic demons but this is somehow ok?
    [​IMG]
    im all for UD getting some actual frightening looking demons (we have enough goddamn vothsairs,chill out with the arrow eaters for a bit)
    UD is supposed to be demon faction but its just bunch of purple elves,cows and goblins....
    make UD great again
    [​IMG]

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Skeezick I don't think I want to fight against UD demons with a Xenomorph jaw as their reproductive male organ.

13. Senshu

What if they spewed rainbows and bled candy canes? There has to be a middle ground ;)

14. Senshu

Nah, I thought the joke wrote itself because there is a Skeezick Valdaci.

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

That'd be even more terrifying.

16. Senshu

Then we should hold off on having it sing "It's a Small World?" :)

17. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

but i need more disgusting badass monstrosities in pox :(
    real demons have curves...and lot of teeth

18. Revengercm

there needs to be a theme that is stronger than stitched.

19. Senshu

That defeats the whole purpose of reducing the power creep. Creating a more powerful theme for the sake of having a more powerful them is how things got to where they were under SOE. We may come up with a different theme that has its strengths, but we want to keep it so it is more Rock, Paper, Scissors not Rock, Paper, Scissors, Armageddon.

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  20. Revengercm

I know. @Skeezick has been around for years here. How do you still not know he's a hardcore stitched fan? That's why I kept mentioning about a theme being stronger than stitched. Although I'm serious about the idea, further replies about the stitched thing was a joke. My apologies if you took it seriously.

That's bad to hear. SONY let them be. SOE (daybreak) doesn't exist anymore but I guess you already know. They only had DC Universe and Planetside 2 (which I play XD) as their strong games.