Cyclops Racial

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by skarpox, Nov 8, 2015.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

@Sokolov

I was thinking that, since you are working on themes, Cyclops could have something similar to Tortuns. Their racial could be Mountaineer, Crushing Charge, and Vulnerability: Flanking (When this champion is engaged, it gains Easy Target). The logic here is to offer them something that deals with their present shortfalls and lore. Their present shortfall is their size, so mountaineer helps with this. Their lore is such that they are wild and erratic by nature, hence Crushing Charge for a gap closer, and they only have one eye, hence Vulnerability: Flanking because they can do not have enough peripheral sight to focus on more than one enemy champ at a time.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

@Sokolov What do you think about my post above?

3. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

My personal favorite for a racial is to give big cyclops the ability to throw little cyclops around. Coding could be copied from throw champion. And little cyclops could be given the ability to drive big cyclops. Call the racial Master Blaster/Thunder Dome. It solves mobility issues for little cyclops and solves AP issues for the bigger 5 speeders. Plus it sets up some nifty combos--small cyclops drives big cyclops, big cyclops now has enough AP to throw little cyclops, little cyclops drives another big cyclops, who can now double tap.

4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Vulnerabillity Flanked makes them awful. Cyclops is good great meat of HP, with focus on meele, giving them this ability will make them really bad.
    I prefer mountainner + some mobility buff, cause they need.

RedScarlet likes this.
  5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I agree. A racial which makes Cyclops weak in melee would run directly counter to their inherent strengths. They already get butchered at range bc of mobility issues. If they lost up close too there'd be even less reason to run them.
    Ed: still applies to them getting Easy Target. It's not a good idea.

Ifem21 likes this.
  6. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Imo, echoing lfem21, mountaineer, mobility-based buffs, and I would suggest semi-phalanx abilitie and ANOTHER detection clops.

Why phalanx? Because most of them are 2x2, which naturally makes them 1) have larger aoe for phalanx-based abilities, and 2) they'll be positioned near to each other given how big each of them are.

Imo, makes sense for a theme that poses an inevitable friendly creep-blocking.

Shroud might be an overkill here, but Enduring Aura, Protective (on ranged clops) or Defender would be pretty neat against Deadly Trackers or other ranged 15dmger.