Dear IS players

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by nepyonisdead, Jul 7, 2016.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

An update on the bg :) so far my record has been a literal 50% win rate with this bg. I havent made my mind on it yet, today for example it won me a 1hr 30 min game against an opponent who was up 3 fonts to one and was contesting mine simply by turtling near my shrine and keep deploying. However I ve lost games I think I wouldnt have with more tools at my disposal than just attacks. Lastly this is what Ive been running and as you can see I tried to take as much of your advise as possible and apply it here

2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Would be great to get your update after more games played, like Markoth said, swap runes out you're not using every 10 matches or so. Make a list for us with the ones you haven't been using and the ones you think should be doing more.

What's your thought on Ironfist Minister? As for Ap gen I grab Dwarven Handler for his Drive and to support my Constructs with Rock Defiance.

Also take note of how often you are using Hymn. Try to find points in your gamestyle where you would use it and then don't, get a feel for how low hp you can get Grints since that +1 hp is hard to calculate in sometimes. You will find yourself surviving a lot due to hp gained from Rock Defiance; Tales of Valor is a good spell to have a look at if you are taking dmg but still keeping your units alive.

Once you report back it will be easier to remove some of the duplicates, unless you like them, personally I try to steer away from duplicates especially in a theme(Trolls/Grintmaws*** not Rock Defiance) that lacks utility. Like Rockforger (I know not a Troll but stay with me) his 5spd/vitalize leads you to think he should be x2 standard so that both can support each other but you can have too much of a good thing and in ths case that would be Trolls/Grintmaws.

Some things to post for your next update:
    How often do you actually Channel: Damage?
    What have your interactions with Repulsion been like?
    What are your upgrades for Bouncer?
    Are there specific problems such as lack of nora/contesting capabilities?

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

New Invig champ coming for IS.

xRugolth likes this.
  4. aseryen

for IS or for Trolls?!..

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Trolls is getting something also.

Anotherblackman and aseryen like this.
  6. aseryen

Like^^^

Edit: @Sokolov what do you think of a construct being deisgned with Rock Defiance? I know the ones that received it make sense for the most part,but that was not their original design, perhaps a Defiant Groble since Lodestones don't seem to have the same traits as Grobles.

I've entertained the idea of a unit with a sustain type ability that grants rock defiance, and now with all the equipment esque abilities one with stonearm sash would make sense as well. My idea for a stonearm sash equip was also to have it as a drop relic that gives Rock defiance/Calcify for 2 turns

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  7. nepyonisdead

ok so here is the thing :) first and foremost Id like to say that to me grintmaws arent competitve at all and here are few reasons why: 1) sustain: on paper they do look solid and hymns are nice and all but they are very vulnerable and their damage output is bad vs champs like vindrax and other big beefy champs. 2) in game: they lack the ap: what do I mean? with no initiative champs and no swap/ relocate your opponent can pretty much read into your next turn if he experienced and you pretty much are an open book. 3) pace: the current maps sadly dont allow for slow build up with forgers etc and you will be rushed before you can set a solid base (however I won a game with em where I was down 3 fonts to 1 and it took 1hr 30 mins for me to get the win) 4) grints over all lack the damage and range to be a force, it assumes that u can just shred your opponents down turn by turn however as you all know a good player will be aware of this and will arrange a good power turn. Lastly while I admit they are great fun and I am less than an average player as some of you may know however I truly feel they arent really good to run if you are new :) with the new expansion we may see some changes so stay optimistic and do use this thread to make a bg should you feel like I unfairly judged it and there maybe some potential that I missed. Lastly I wanna think every single one who posted here and shared this experience because now the whole community has access to the knowledge of old experienced players.

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

shockwave

9. aseryen

I have just stumbled upon Armaments. I've already made an IS/ST split with Holy and Savage Armaments, quite fun.

Posting here because any excuse I have to use Stonearm Sash I'll take. Also with Wish and Savage Armaments/Toss Equipment on Lonx Facilitator, it is more Rock Defiance driven than Troll but nonetheless you're supporting your Trolls with wish/sash and generating free ap when you toss a sash correctly.

10. nepyonisdead

Going back to youtube to really old vids I stumbled on a player who split minos and trolls. I think they are good in terms of damage output and spell wise. It was so weird and random but I think it could work