Decayed mercenary versus Bone guard infantry

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Oct 3, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Decayed

damage-8
    speed-6
    range-1
    defense-1
    health-38

Bone guard infantry

damage-8
    speed-5
    range-1
    defense-1
    health 36

Maybe we can get a bit of a variation between the two, and finish out their ability lines ? Decayed with it's cheapest abilities can be ran at 51 nora which is 10 nora more expensive than bone guard. Is the 1 extra speed and 2 extra health driving up his cost this much ?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cheapest Decayed Merc build is 48 nora, but yes the champ is garbage. Frankly, he has a manual mod of some kind, because I've never seen a champ pay 4 nora for 2 HP before, which is what he does.

The old Decayed Merc -- the one that was actually playable -- had Block/Sunder/Riposte, but that thing can't really exist in the current formula. The big thing making him crap right now is the 6th point of SPD with no good outlets for AP. Plus, Unstoppable is a sandbag on a champion so insignificant. Boneguard at least gets Weary.

3. super71

Yeah his price tag doesn't add up, I understand the extra speed and 2 health but something's missing there. I might run him if he had dodge or something simple or sunder or a dot.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Unstop is 3, same as Weary, and both champs get Block 1; Boneguard can take SPD +1 at the normal cost, which means you end up comparing otherwise equal champions, but one pays 4 nora for 2 HP -- that's roughly the opposite of the normal HP ratio, where you would expect 6-8 HP for 4 nora. Other than that, they are similarly costed.

5. super71

Decayed mercenary would be good if his upgrade lines weren't so Bane Shift, do you run bone guard at all ?

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I might agree with this -- mainly that U1 is total garbage. Not sure I would play him at any rate, given the apparent manual mod and otherwise unexciting stats.

I've tried it out, and it's fine. It didn't wow me, but Block means it can absorb more damage than you would think. Also, being a cheap champion, it benefits exceptionally from things like Banner and Augment Creation.