deleted strategies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 19, 2017.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

So i have tried this game again for a few days, at first it made fun... then i realized my favourite strategy of the game, rushing, was totally deleted intentionally. All interesting runes I used for rushing were changed to useless. But what really caught my attention was that even the "siege" ability was deleted. So I can only assume that the devs have finally deleted the possibility to shrine rush. One of a few strategies of this game. The one strategy that got me hooked so many years back after playing just a few days and seeing some other cool players rushing me...

So now I was thinking what other strategies are deleted from the game (intentional). Maybe devs can make a list what is still allowed to do, or what is banned?

2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

The lame rush style of winning is still effective. You just need to ask the right people like @badgerale ...
    Its still a thing... just maybe looks a bit different (like every BG in the game except frost amp).

xaznsoulx likes this.
  3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

gitting good is still very viable

MaruXV, mortal ix, Alakhami and 3 others like this.
  4. polltroy

well as long as there is a shrine to kill, someone will still try to "rush" it. What i mean is that the devs somehow declared shrinerushing a strategy that is "BAD BAD BAD". This was always suspected by me in past, seeing some nice runes nerfed each time I came back. But to take away "siege" is really to do it 100% openly. I mean I strated to play when there was only the Basic set, no expansions. And I remember one item called "Siege hammer" was part of the base set. And at that time the sole purpose of this item was to shrine rush... So this strategy was part of the original pox release and was part of what made this game great. Was the main reason i got sucked into this game.... now the devs tell me to go away I guess?

Fentum likes this.
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Siege is still in the game. Just no longer affects shrines.

6. polltroy

"siege" in the game, from the very first basic set was made to destroy shrines. Its relic function is just silly attempt to hide taking siege away, pretending it got a new function. Seriously. Lets have a special "siege" champ so that if there is a relic put out somewhere on other side of board, u can make some extra damage to it???? If u want to destroy a relic, there are numerous ways that are far far far more effective and instant, dont need a several turn build up and move into place...

Conclusion: devs say shrine rush is "BAD" and they want to delete this vital part of game. This is for sure one reason the game fails. This was in the game from beginning so that the newbies had a shot to win now and then against the top players. So that a game is not only determined who has most patience and who can avoid some small small mistakes. This alternative strategy option like a surprise attack was why this game got so popular.

7. Etherielin

You can still shrine rush and there are still decks that do it very efficiently. There was a discussion about siege and if you'd try to read it about it, you'd know why it was removed.

The only thing the removal of siege got rid of are decks that do NOTHING ELSE other than shrine rushing.

8. polltroy

wrong. my rush decks were always having several path of strtegies where shrine rush was one. and usually one pr two of all champs had siege. by taking it away devs sqid. shrine rush is bad bad bad. but if u keep damaging shrine in a prelonged fight over long time its kind of ok

Firk this game. u guys all wanted it to fail just to stop top rank circulation... and now u soon have np noobs to beat any longer

9. Etherielin

As I said - shrine rush decks still exist and are doing fine.

10. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

If you needed that Bane Shift to win I am sorry but you are bad and as was said above just need to get good, those bgs take no skill really and require the same 4 - 5 moves every game but hey if thats ur style then too bad its deleted now

Bondman007 likes this.
  11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree their are better options for killing relics, but shrine rushing is cancer, I chalk it up to like one step below chopping block cancer.

Bondman007 likes this.
  12. polltroy

U guys deserve the bad client. U have destroyed a good game. Stupid. I'm out.

13. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

you have 3000 runes, around 80 different themes, and yet you leave because a rush combo which you particularly liked got changed. I mean dude, what is wrong with you? I know you sticked to one bg forever, but still, don't you have at least the slightest capacity to adapt, especially since others have told you that shrine rushing is still viable..?

Etherielin and nepyonisdead like this.
  14. nepyonisdead

It's mainly because he has to face the fact that cheap wins are no longer a thing and people have to actually get decent at the game and that scares the Bane Shift out of him

In any case I doubt he will be missed with that attitude

mortal ix likes this.
  15. polltroy

the strategies I used to play were:

rush champs
    megachamp build up
    nora build up (without fonts)
    rush mid font and capture
    play normal and surprise rush shrine in mid game
    magic abuse
    deep wounds abuse

Can someone tell me what of those are still allowed?

1. maybe
    2. no
    3. no
    4. no
    5. no
    6. yea
    7. don't know have not checked

16. nepyonisdead

What are you basing the no's on??

Half of what u mentioned is normal in game strategy and notsome revolutionary Bane Shift you came up with and it's all viable

Game didn't change mate you are just behind the curve

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  17. polltroy

megachamp build up - all the champs and spells I used for this were nerfed long ago
    nora build up (without fonts) - was nerfed long long ago, different nora gen I used was deleted or made very bad
    rush mid font and capture - nerf of Speed, change of move abilities, revamped maps, all so that both players reach mid at same time
    play normal and surprise rush shrine in mid game - ALL was made to stop this strategy. ALWAYS

18. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

...is bad bad bad! :p

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

1.All of ud is basically rush. Also many other mele based themes like Garu, sibling cyclops, ECT

2.I play two super champ bgs... One with sp/st that buffs zeven and battlefiend

And one with euan and talgar with armourer and ethreal priestess and inspire champ.

But I've seen antoinalout play some good ud/FS or ud/St combos with ireguard.

I've also seen some fun sl dreadnought super champs in sl....

And that's just the top of my head.

3What Nora bgs are you talking about?

I also just recorded a game where @nepyonisdead played vs tinydragon. And in the middle of the game decided rushing the shrine would be his best bet and won that way.... So it does still work.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  20. nepyonisdead

Honestly I wouldnt waste time replying to him,

everything he said in this post and his last post is just a testament to his inability to accept that this game like any other game requires you to put in the effort to become more skilled at it and is just looking for the easy outs, and apparently that includes adding a whole new feature where luck determines what happens next. This is a classic case of ''its the game and not me'' and I am just glad sokolov is the kinda developer who sees this behaviour for what it is and is ok with saying so formally.