D'elim, Apex of the Circle

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Pixyrus, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

D'elim, Apex of the Circle
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Rarity: Exotic (or Legendary)
    Race: Elf
    Class: Wizard, Demi-God
    Artwork: I don't have time to express how awesome his art would be right now. But there has to be people/trees burning in the background. Also, his staff has to be badass. ;)
    Flavour Text: "I do what must be done, for the betterment of K'thras! If you can not accept this Menalaus then stand aside!" - D'elim, Apex of the Circle
    Nora Cost: I'd imagine a nora cost around 80-90
    Deck Limit: 1
    Size: 1x1

Stats
    Damage: 13
    Speed: 6
    Range: 2-4
    Defence: 2
    HP: 49

Base Abilities
    Attack: Fire
    Attack: Magical
    D'elim's Command - All friendly champions that have the ability Devotee of D'elim gain +1 range and Fire Acolyte.
    D'elim's Rage - Destroy targeted friendly Treefolk champion, this champion gains +3 MAX range and Dissipate for 1 turn. (AP:2 CD:2)
    Searing Aura 3

Upgrade Path 1
    Fire Aura 2
    Initiate: Devotee of D'elim
    Amplify: Fire [DEFAULT]

Upgrade Path 2
    Flamethrower
    Fire Bomb 3 [DEFAULT]
    Deflect: Fire

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I'm just so eager for D'elim to come out, I'd thought I would make a rune idea for him. D'elim's Command would just be a boosting ability for D'elim's followers. It would give Attack: Fire for flavour reasons. D'elim's Rage is just another way to sacrifice Treefolk to proc Devotee, plus it gives D'elim a little boost for 1 turn.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really like the idea of d'elims rage :)

4. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Thank you! :)

5. Tweek516

Although seems slightly too situational, it's amazingly flavorful as an ability (love the disadvantage/advantes it provides) but not sure whether I'd sacrifice a tree for it. Not sure how to fix it - perhaps it procing the +2 damage?

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

changes
    change range to 3-4
    change D'elim's Rage to +2 range
    2-7 range is too high it going to be nerfed hard like this

KingJad likes this.
  7. Tweek516

Not if it has dissipate when it has the 2-7 range

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

If there was ever an ability like delims command, it would be nerfed within a day.

KingJad likes this.
  9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

like KF needs anymore range boosts.

10. KingJad

It doesn't matter the whole point of this champ would be to boost damage into the stratosphere via treefolk sacrifices.

11. Tweek516

But if you did end up hitting at the edge of the 7 range you would be encurring a -10 damage modifier

12. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

The Devotee ability is kinda lame and boring as it is. This just adds some extra range and damage. Most of the units with Devotee already have some sort of fire attack anyway so this part is just for flavour reasons. If needed it can be taken away.

He would only get 2-7 range if you sacrifice a treefolk, and Dissipate would make up for such a long range. I could change D'elim's base range to 3-5 and make Rage give +2 MAX range?

13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Look at the champions being affected;

Flamemage of the Circle: 4-6
    Outcast of the Flame: 3-7 (has Dissipate)
    Perfected Runner: 1-2
    Ruthless Enforcer: 1-2
    Seeker of the Source: 2-4
    Wood Marshal Druid: 2-4

I hardly think these ranges are that OP...

14. KingJad

wood marshall becomes some magical super flame skitter with range 4-7 doesn't your ability still boost his range.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I love the champ idea very cool i'd change delim's command though to not give the bonus range and give the ability a cooldown of 2 or something so it would kinda just be a small damage buff. Also he seems kinda melee tanky maybe give him 1-3 ranged remove damage shield and give him flame armor so he would be sitting at 6 def and damage shield pretty good melee champ at this point and maybe just put hp to 50 since he would be a melee beast.

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Other than that very cool rune idea and keep up the good work.

17. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I'll be the weird one and say that D'elim's Rage seems like a fine ability that appears at first glance to be sufficiently balanced.

Tweek516 likes this.
  18. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Hey Pix :) i think ur idea is super cool, heres what i think:

Delims Command: Sacrifice target treefolk champion within 6 spaces. All champions with Devotee of D'elim get +2 dmg +1, Attack Fire, and Fire Acolyte for 1 turn (CD: 3, AP: 2)
    Delims Rage: Target treefolk within 6 spaces gains 2 ranks of Death Nova: Fire, and is destroyed. This unit gains +3 min and max range and dissipate for 3 turns. (CD: 3, AP: 2)

I would also suggest replacing damage shield: fire with Initiate: Devotee to D'elim, and based on all these ablities this rune should surely be unique or hero, with a nora cost of 90-100 nora, i would personally say 95.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  19. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I like the idea of adding Acolyte to Command, very cool. Initiate: Devotee is another awesome idea. I will add that in too :). Thanks for the comment!

20. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Idk if u noticed but i said command should require a sac and be a power turn type thing not a passive tho xD. I even put a CD and AP cost. It being a huge passive buff is just too much. I know ur attached to D'elim from your lore lol but i think balance should be prioritized over flavor.