Delim - burning broccoli

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by MaruXV, Feb 15, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'm enjoying really much playing this bg recently, and would like to share it to see if you approve or not my rune choices and try to improve it.

brocc.png

choices explanation and upgrades:

Delim: initiate devotee and power of devotion to max out dmg and initiate himself, dryads and wood elementals (even if they lose it when reborn).
    Dryad: surge plants and heal 2. Very strong unit, not easy to kill with charm and take roots, gives support and grows big in damage. Also very cheap at 64 nora.
    Enforcerer: front unit, still not sure if devotee or imm. magical + sacrifice of delim.
    fanatical devotee: sure sacrifice of delim. not sure if impatient or burn. impatient should be better but she becomes a bad first deploy, take too much dmg.
    flamemage: not priority drop, is there for inhib touch and cleansing flame when needed.
    guardian: shatter source, devotee and freeze aura for debuff in frontline
    naria seedling: treefolk at 39 nora with hidden vegetation (nice to walk hidden in overgrowth aura) and devotee to get some dmg boost before being sacrified. gives us a good doubledeploy chance.
    oaken defender: a personal choice, with defence stance and defender. gives tankiness to saplings, and is a great font contester with 9 defence for 50nora. also its just over 50 nora so you get refund when sacrifice of delim. can be more mobile with delim's mass teleport
    seeker: detection 3 and relic guardian. only one because i have just a few units that are not devotee. also the shard can be a overgrowth target.
    sporegill: has to die as much as possible, every time gets a plant die proc on devotees. also good target for overgrowth. run with cheapest build 31 nora
    sunglade dryad: favor and encourage: nice dmg, summon sapling, nora gen, units spawned near are impervious so immune to initate delim etc. great unit, try to initiate her when deployed to avoid initiation dmg
    wood elemental: ubertank to be used with care no to kill your dryads. scales to high dmg late game (like all bg)
    marshal: boost plant and devotee. maybe will run a second with devotee-sacrifice for more magical attack

other runes are quite obvious. covenant is nice cause it can go also on dryad. combo lava gen fron shard + oak seed to recover some health can be useful

Gnomes and OriginalG1 like this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Needs more Corgis.

EDIT: I'll give it a review later on.

sirvile likes this.
  3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

How do you actually play de'lim? I've tried before (my own bg, not this one) but it didn't seem to work very well. I'm pretty sure I was doing it wrong.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

initiate and devotion. range dmg mostly. keep him safe behind trees, and use mass tele for the hard engage turn

5. Elves Rule

Oh lol I meant the whole theme/bg xD.
    That still helps though.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I can't seem to get the right number of devotee champs and real plants right. If I go heavy on devotee champs then there aren't many ways to get +HP. If I go heavy on plants, the damage gained by devotees is slim. The best I've been able to do is create real saplings from Greenhouse, have then Take Root, and punish them with Flame Siphon. When you have enough Saplings being harmed and immobile, Combined Effort really shines. The thing is, it takes a lot of set up and usually the opponent doesn't let you set up a flame-tree nora farm.

super71 likes this.
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

sry, didnt understand.
    i'm not the best kf player out there but i can share some things i noticed playing this bg.

1. @Xirone is right, its hard to balance elves and trees. find your balance based on how you want to play, i dont think there is a "correct" number.

2. wood elem is tanky and can win games alone, but always keep saplings near him.

3. some people think you are an only late game bg, and have slow start. punish them, elemental rush with greenhouse is hard to protect from.

4. with 4_5 surge plants units, is not hard to get to high dmg even without sacrifing trees.

5. initiate champs comin into play impervious for sunglade dryad. get the saplings protecting the elemental near her so he resurrects impervious.

6. don't esitate to fuel dying trees, expecially with favor.

7. overgrowth fast, and double if possible. 6 saplings dropping from nowhere is a strong psicological impact.

Xirone likes this.
  8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Wood Elemental, and greenhouse is basically all the reals i use.

The tree hero cant think of his name right now spits out a ton of meat summoning every 3 rounds (faster than any other summon in the game) AND can occasionally turn them into 45 hp summons.
    Lifegiver as well for healing,
    Other than that all de'lim units. I like the ones who drop relics for free cause you can overgrowth them for 3 summons.
    Also sapping Armor+Power of devotion, makes him an unstoppable tank who hits hard from range, you can initiate him using a source crystal from seeker. then you can overgrowth the source crystal for summons.

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

K'thun, he is the almighty K'thun, the one you have no power on, cause he is more powerful than every other champ. I know i should run him but i dont like the idea of him working for delim. background wise. But yeah, probably i should.
    lifegiver i dont like much, i prefer dryads because they are surge plants/ heal 2 champs for 64 nora.
    yeah, you can go 2 seekers and delim with sapping armor (or purge flames if you need dispel), i like to initiate him immediatly when he comes in and you can do that only if he has initate. also i can run more trees like this.

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-2-20_21-46-48.png

This is what I run, barely play it though.

Very different to yours. Much heavier on the naria and elf parts.

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

What is the interaction between wood elemental and sporegil like?

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

no relic spawns.
    note it does work with summons however

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

This is mine, don't know why I got Frond in there. Dragonbark Protector and Overgrowth are still a pretty nice combo. :D

[​IMG]

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

thanks!

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

brok.png
    update:

kthun in, cause he is too strong even with random movement.
    double seeker cause i need to get more devotees, and relics to spam overgrowth. Also, with this gimmick bgs out there some more detection is useful.
    harvester: cause he gets so much nora in this bg it kinda seems legit to run it. also with cocoon he can prevent initiation dmg and get a boost on units.
    warden of the path: some more mobility and a wolf companion
    double marshal cause he is strong and i missed some mgc attack

fanatic devotee seems kinda working even with impatient.

16. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I like it Maru. This is the type of theme that requires more than the normal amount of champs.

MaruXV likes this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

trying second harvester in, warden of the path out

18. Elves Rule

I always found harvesters too slow to use.

MaruXV and Tweek516 like this.
  19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yes cause sporegill cant be considered a valid turn 1 champ , same as kthun

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

sure they are slow for the managen, and sure they have only 37hp. BUT:

1. they have 8spd, and this bg lacks fast units
    2. they have magical attack, and its our only source after marshal
    3. they really generate too much nora. maybe they are slow, but with this bg its not strange to renounce to contest a font. harvester can sustain our nora gen instead of font.
    4. cocoon makes champs bigger and prevents initiation dmg
    5. if you initiate a harvester, he is gonna start getting hp from plants dying, making him stronger.

i'm kinda liking them at the moment. But sure they make this late game bg even more late game