Demolish

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Ok, so I never cry out for nerfs hardly ever, but the UD spell demolish is to good. I personally feel it needs to be reduced to aoe 2 instead of 3. The effect if fine, but the aoe is to big. It completely negates the FW font and shrine DMZ protection and can really rack up value is more relic focused bgs.
    I think the nora cost should remain at 40, but the aoe to 2 should be made.
    Anyone else feel this spell is above the curve?

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I have no problems with that spell at all. For the record, I have no problem with Erode either. I do wish the two spells had similar texts.

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Well thats how you should expect a counter to work against a bg that has that as a weakness.
    Any relic focused bg has to look out for AoE dmg and instant relic kills like Seism, artic veil(that ST spell that deals 15dmg to all relics), magnetism and stuff like that.
    I main a relic bg so i had to adapt my playstyle to stop, avoid or make those counters too expensive for my opponent. I dont deploy relics too close of eachother, i use spellseals like Tainted Statue to make them pay more nora than i invested and i use abilities like spell aegis, combat awareness, weaken spells, etc to cover AoE weakness.

Believe me, the problem is not the spell, your bg has "holes" to fill.
    Please share your bg here and i will try to help you improve it if possible.

4. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

If he's that close to your shrine I imagine the game didn't have much longer anyways.

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The usual UD player has only one copy of Demolish in their bg, you can bait it or counter it. The spell costs 40 nora so they try their best to destroy 40+ nora worth in relics unless they think that by killing less than 40 nora in relics they are getting a big adventage so adapt your tactics with that in mind.

Basic advices:
    -If your bg needs a lot of nora invested to start doing combos then play safe until you reach that capability, if most of the nora you have invested is destroyed then fall back and try to gain time to rebuild.
    -If the opponent used more nora than you to counter something then you are winning that exchange, if your bg falls appart even after winning that exchange then something is missing in your strategy or bg.
    -I use "cannon meat" champs, the opponent will almost always prefer to invest more nora to kill a champ than a relic, i call that to champs that their mission is to force the opponent to change their tactics or spend a lot of resources (AP, Nora, waste turns, etc.) to destroy them. for example i use sunderpedes because it forces the opponent to attack it with non-basic attacks or it splits, and they usually spend nora to AoE it to finish it, else they face a splitting menace. I use Primordial Enigma to force melee combat or CounterAttack: Melee to force ranged combat. I also use any melee that could win a 1v1, forcing the opponent to invest more nora in one side of the map to counter it. Anything that forces a special condition in the opponent tactics.
    -To bait the use of Demolish i often use "Summon: Relic" abilities, they only cost AP and turns and the opponent usually thinks that killing 2 or 3 summoned relics is a good investment.
    -Keep in mind that there are "one use" and "exponential effectiveness" relics. If a relic you deployed dealt 3 dmg a turn and has been in play for 10 turns then it doesnt matter if its destroyed, you already extracted enough juice, most relics only need from you is to make time to earn the most from that investment so add to your bg champs that can do that (like tanks, debuffers, locking, CC, etc.) and champs that profit from "doing time" so this tactic synergyzes.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  6. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Nerf UD moar pls

7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

This spell just got a 10n cost increase less than a month ago.

Your nerf request has been preemptively granted.

C0ngratulations.

poinl and SPiEkY like this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

FW just needs a bonus. Dmz font is overrated, as is doom, mobi, ed and reanimate.

Don't complain about shatter or demolish, when the real problem is FW doesn't have a bonus.

9. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Learn to space your relics if they are a big investment in your BG.

If you grouped them behind the shrine and your opponent was able to bring there his spell presence, you just got outplayed or rushed to death.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    TeaNinja likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Seeing FW players complain about hard counters is oh so sweet.

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Demolish is probs overcosted by about 5 nora tbh

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Bondman007

Most of the other spells in this game that completely destroy stuff is usually single target. The aoe on it is quiet large.
    About positioning: I'm not a noob and have beaten most of the players that have responded in this thread at some time or another so I understand positioning. This gripe comes from trying to run a stitched BG. One HAS to position a mason spire forward to protect the stitched remains. Along comes a demolish to make it an easy cleansing of all relics in the area and it just seems unfair. Perhaps the spell is just a hard counter to stitched, but simply "move your relics" doesn't work in this case. About the response I would have expected though. Carry on.

13. Bondman007

I respect your deduction of runes and costs so if you think its cool I guess I don't really have a problem then. Against non-UD bgs the stitched bg does quiet well. So I guess I just have to expect demolish to demolish me. Trying to time ancient's prots to stop the spell is not so easy, but could be a counter I guess. Thanks for everyone's input.

14. Bondman007

lol
    Whatever holmes. You have no clue what you are talking about.

15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Eh, why would anyone even run it at 40 nora?

16. DiCEM0nEY

Bondman after losing to demolish be like: 1484913550166m.jpg

MaruXV, TeaNinja, Etherielin and 4 others like this.
  17. Bondman007

lol. Not really. Almost won it anyway, just got "demolished" one turn that turned it around. All good.

18. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Naturalize says hi!

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

On the topic of single target vs AoE counters Disarm should go back to its AoE 2 that it used to be.

Anotherblackman likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

Early round demolish, or were u being aggressive with graveyard? What map?