Demon BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Alakhami, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Still tweaking and twerking it but it goes something like this...

[​IMG]

izmocat likes this.
  2. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

this bg is cool. could you post updates on it if you change it plz?

3. Alakhami

[​IMG]
    Tried running Deep Elf Fanatic, pretty good unit, but dies too easily.
    Greater Pitspawn was fun, but never really have the chance to deploy him.
    Succubus is 2x auto include charm 1 psychic jab. Can run with psychic aura 3, but I like the deploy hit to keep the momentum, since I often lack that tiny bit of damage in power turns.
    Added recently masochism, split personality (removed it because of pssv damage but recently got wrecked unexpectedly with a beast SL deck, that shouldn't have stronger melee than UD but for some reason it does).
    Removed Siege Mongrel, Added him back but removed demolish this time. I wanna see if seism is enough for getting rid of problematic relics, since I often tend to cast demolish on a single relic.

super71 likes this.
  4. izmocat

cool do you ever deploy mindslicer obelisk? seeing as you have runes with throw shield and arrowshot and stuff.

5. Alakhami

Yeah, quite often I do. I like that relic. It's more consistent than orb of protection or demon shield, and doesn't really hurt my pseudo-range that much, since i only have 5 champs with it, that can otherwise go melee.

6. izmocat

k cool

7. izmocat

have you considered the scepter of onus equip for this bg?

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No bok warden's ? I'm curious why not she is on base 16 damage with a ranged attack at 6 range, and buffs for every killed demon. I recently put in x1 undetortoise because he also has a ranged attack at 12 damage, he is decently tanky, has defender, and can antagonize and then turtle. I run fire giants as my super tank with molten cloak, which puts them at a beastly 56 hp, tough 2, colossal, 5 defense. Pretty much anything engaging fire giant in melee gets wrecked.

9. Alakhami

I like Fire Giants, they're pretty cool. I run them in my Lava Fire deck though.

If bok warden didn't have Physical attack, I'd run her instead of Raider. I was running her before.

I'm also considering to add undertortoise. I just don't know what to remove :(

10. super71

Honestly i'd get rid of at least x1 sheoul demon if not both, they are good for some nora gen but other than that to expensive for ud who doesn't have many decent cheap units. Bok warden also fills the spot for extra detection which is always nice.

11. Alakhami

That's not an option since sheoul demon works with cultist.

12. super71

I like cultist in itself because of loss of life but I never run him because I can't stand 2-3 range lol. Often when my champ with 2-3 range gets engaged it's a pain to get away, especially with defenseless. Is it really worth running 2 more champs though for just surge ? Maybe i'll try the two and see how well they work together.

13. Alakhami

He usually has around 20 DMG and LoL is amazing.

14. super71

That range though =(

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

How come you don't run Deep elf priestess. She was a staple back then? Things change now? Is the informant way better?

Have you ever tried runnin g Votaevs Grasp?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  16. super71

Priestess is honestly outdone by pretty much every other ud relocate nowadays, informant and infiltrator both just have more utility and longer relocates. Voltaev's grasp is kinda situational, it's really good if your opponent has you on the ropes and is about to contest your font. Other than that not worth the spot because short lived 1 doesn't really give it much time to do anything. Essentially your only getting that rune back for a few turns which by the time it engages and attacks maybe 3 times you paid an extra 30 nora for it.

17. super71

If grasp was worked into something similar to forced reconstruction it would be pretty damn good, but right now it's hit or miss.

18. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Well if was like forced Reconstruction it wouldnt really fit the lore.

19. Alakhami

It actually would fit the description more if it was "Target friendly champion". What do you think @Sokolov ?

20. super71

Actually it would fit the lore better if it was targeted on only demons. It doesn't make sense that it only works on opposing players when in the text it says, when a demon is ready to return from the dead.