Demonic Connections and Altar of Gob (UD spell and relic runes)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by StupidJerk, Jun 22, 2014.

1. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Rune Name: Demonic Connections
    Faction: Underdepths
    Type: Spell
    Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A deep elf, and a horde of imp silhouettes with glowing eyes behind him.
    Flavor-Text: With the deafening sound of beating wings and high-pitched laughter, Hagram's party was surrounded. The Nefari were no longer outnumbered.
    Nora Cost: 45
    Effect: For 1 turn, each real friendly wizard gains Summon Imp 1. If a friendly Deep Elf Summoner or Imp Familiar is in play, each real friendly wizard gains Summon Imp 2 instead.

Rune Name:
    Altar of Gob
    Faction: Underdepths
    Type: Relic
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: A large boulder covered in primitive carvings, with a skull on a stake on either side.
    Flavor-Text: "They were worshiping a rock. A rock! The bloody idiots nearly tore my arms off when I approached it!" - Zisrith, Nefari Caverunner.
    Nora Cost: 35
    Effect: This unit has Altar of Gob(All goblins within 4 spaces of this unit have Call to Arms and Surge: Goblin) and Bulwark: Goblin(For each friendly Goblin in play, this unit gets +2 HP. For every 5 friendly Goblins in play, this unit gets +1 DEF.). When this unit is deployed and on each of its owner's turns, all goblin runes have their cooldown reduced by 1.

The Underdepths has a lot of cool racials, and one of my favorite things about that is its reflection in the spell pool. Minotaurs have a spell for their racial, as do spiders, and deep elves, and demons have several. Out of all those, imps and goblins don't have anything of their own. Goblins in particular seem pretty much impossible to make a theme deck out of, given their general weakness. The altar focuses on getting as many goblins out as quickly as possible, and for them to defend the altar with their lives. I'm not sure if this would do anything for making goblin themes in any way viable, but it would at least be something for goblin-users.

The spell, I feel is a bit more self-explanatory. It requires a battlegroup to contain at least a handful of wizards to be worth using, and should create better synergy between imps and other UD champions.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014