Demonic Wag

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Woffleet, May 10, 2014.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Bloodless
    fire bomb
    violence charge
    recharge
    Gahlroon form:
    This unit becomes a gahlroon cooldown 20

starts on cooldown

thoughts?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Edit: Just realized the change you made. Seems a bit over-the top, maybe 4 or 5 turns would be alright.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  3. Woffleet

how op?

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Edit: comment has been made irrelevant, too lazy to delete

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  5. Woffleet

All it doees is throw bombs then becomes a galroon. How can it be less efficent?

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

" starts on cooldown" , "CD 20"...... Cooldowns are only your turn.....20 of your turns is like an entire game lol

7. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Recharge has CD 0... so it depends on level of Violence Charged

8. Woffleet

what about violence charge rank 1
    fire bomb rank 1
    8 dmg

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

What is wrong with the wag at the moment?

10. TheNidhogg

You're joking, right? Have you ever used this rune before?

11. badgerale

I've used it, it's decent enough but expensive and back loaded.

Is this because tiny uses it well? Bear in mind that his deck is specifically designed to work with the death benefit it provides.

It was never an especially popular rune in standard decks, and I doubt tiny would run it without the synergy with the build up deck.

12. TheNidhogg

I'm running it right now in my FS/UD. It's hard for me to tell whether it or Bloodguard is better (Well, Bloodguard is probably the winner in that race).

80 nora - 5 per spell you cast is not expensive. It certainly was a lot worse when it was 90 nora, which it was priced at on release.

13. badgerale

You're still paying 80 Nora for a champ without immediate impact.

Do you have a particular role for it in your deck?

14. TheNidhogg

Deafening Aura and Illusions help with knockback, so that adds value. I also run Doombringer and Echoes.

15. Woffleet

What do you think about my revamp?

16. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

I like the current version better. Just don't like the interaction between enemy attacks and it something changing from a larval stage to a gahlroon. Current flavor is more believable and fun.

17. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

Uhm... upgrade deafening aura and latch on. Then use it to latch onto a flyer. You will have no lumbering effect. And... an amazing font assault duo.

Its really, really, good.

RKane likes this.
  18. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

I've been playing around a lot with Wags and I think they are perfect'y balanced, as is.

Wags are back-loaded and extremely susceptible to things like Metamorphosis, Swarm, and Defile Corpse (which will be more common after the revamp, Owl said).

If you think it's OP, then it's only because some uber-tier player is using it (seems like Tiny likes them). That doesn't make it OP.
    If you think it needs to be better, then... I don't think you are using him correctly.

19. Woffleet

You guys do realize in the Q and A with gedden he clearly said that the current version is ridiculously op and the new version is gonna make you work to get the ghalroon

20. Woffleet

What I wrote was just a thought I had on how it could be revamped

21. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

On release the rune was 90 nora, and then its cost was reduced to 80. I just don't know why this is a problem. It spawns a very straightforward champ on death. If you force the owner to "really work" for the Gahlroon, then nobody is going to use a slot for it when you could just deploy a great unit to begin with.