Derifos, Dune Walker

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by fattyy2k, May 4, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

What about him being ranged? Since sand lack some ranged champ, he will use the sand to attack from afar. Maybe range 4-5 or 4-6.

2. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Maybe we could see some kind of stance change? A toggle that goes from less defense and range, or less range and more defense. It'd fit with the adaptive nature of sand, and the ability to fit in where he is needed.

3. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

painfully reminds me of K.wing alpha. As much as i like Derifos to be a transformer.....please dont XD

Kampel likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Yeah but it also applys impeding terrain and a small relocation so lowering the dmg to 10 or even 8 would balance it, maybe(?)

5. Heart

I like this idea, and the sundered exploit could also put him into a acid amp bg

6. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

ok so I incorporated @gamengamenut 's ability idea (edited it a bit). I added Blind to U1 instead of scrapper after making him ranged.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I agree here as well. The main problem I forsee is making him unique without stepping on too many toes. I.E. Sandstalker Lord, Dunewalker, Sandkip, ect...

8. Kampel

Now that you mention it, it competes with sankip and Manticore and we haven't even seen the new Dunes Enigma so..

We might need to just wait til the next full expac and the Mutant and Draksar revamps to see whats left to build, by then we will have a ton of already made new abilities to make him more unique

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What if he came with a one-off ability similar Heretic Overlord, or Mindflayer Queen.

Equip: Dunewalkers Mantle ?

10. Heart

I know I share this idea with others but, while dunewalker's mantle is a very good card. Sand is straying away from being centered around just that one card.

11. Heart

Lemme list some ideas, in no general order.

Surge - Sandblasted (+1 damage for every sandblasted character)

Grant - Surge - Sandblasted (Target creature gains surge sandblasted)

Enhanced sandblasting - Sandblasted targets suffer an additional -2 damage debuff. (Going to a max of -5)

Sand Blasting entrance - (When this champion comes into play all opponents become sandblasted for 3 turns)

Sandspout as an ability - (Enemies in target area of affect suffer damage. At the start of each turn enemies in the aoe are blinded)

Deploy relic - Sand Generator (Unlimited range, can only be used once or twice?)

Weary feet - Enemies who move atleast 3 or more spaces while in sand terrain gain lumbering and -1/2? damage.

Edit:

Eternal heat - All spaces covered in sand terrain remain indefinably.

All is dust - Until end of turn, all tiles are covered in sand.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Derifos is the Dunewalker. The head honcho, the man in charge. I'm not suggesting it because its a good card. I suggested it as it opens up design space, while being flavorful. We don't need to put Domain Sand, or Sandstriker on him if he is running the equip.

Also, I was a fan of the Desert Legion ability. Lets some runes that aren't strictly made for sand play along. Desert Legion: Friendly champs in 4 spaces have Domain Sand.

13. Heart

All characters gain domain sand is nice, but if your already running sand, where most cards have that. It'd be good for him to have some other things to help out with those who already have it.

If you ask me. Sand is about reducing your enemies damage, while being very hard to kill yourself. Much like a desert's wildlife IRL. Those who are not biologically found there are weakened, while those that exist are tough.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Eh, true.

Seems like a good mentality to design around.

15. Kampel

What about an "Aquatic" ability but for desert champs, if water around you get too hydrated and die, you know, cactus logic.

Edited for grammar. ty imagurl*

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

One, Hydrated. Two, I kind of like it.

Kampel likes this.
  17. Kampel

Aquatic: This champion has Amphibious. While occupying Water, this champion gets +1 SPD and has Mobility. When moving to a location that is not at least half water, there is an additional 1 AP cost unless it is Flying. At the beginning of your turn, if this champion is not occupying Water, it loses 5 HP.

Desertic: This champion has Desertious(???). While occupying Sand, this champion gets Desert Camouflage and +1dmg. When moving to a location which is at least half water it automatically drowns unless Flying *cactus logic*. At the beginning of your turn, if this champion is not occupying Sand, it should, move it there.

18. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Made some changes so as to a avoid stepping on other champs toes (sandkip) but still can't nail down a good desert legion/commander ability

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Whoa, whoa, hold your horses. I said I "kind of like the idea", but I don't think it needs to be a major part of the theme. Ideally self contained to champs that are just afraid to get wet. Perhaps a Desert Plant theme.

fattyy2k likes this.
  20. Kampel

I know xD