Desert Owl are you going to leave us for Space Wars?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Poxjedi, Sep 19, 2016.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I wish they hadn't called the biological faction 'The hive', generic as Firk.

BurnPyro and newsbuff like this.
  2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Almost as generic as "spacewars".

BurnPyro, Tweek516, newsbuff and 3 others like this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

The entire concept including name, gameplay, world, art direction, and unit design are stunningly generic and boring.

Like, the sci fi equivalent of embarrassing sh|t like this:
    [​IMG]

that said, obv. a good game came out of pox and pox had some great ideas alongside the gay tolkein sh|t, so i backed star wars anyways. but id' rather see the designers go back to the drawing board and get some vision/inspiration/art and do something more creative.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

120 Bucks for a harb and stuff.

What a horrible idea that I might just throw my hard-earned money out of the window for. Gah

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah, they could have done way better, it is a war amongst the stars afterall.

they should have called it star wars.

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

but the stars arent warring. its the ships. so it should have been called spaceship wars.

now that I think about it starcraft is a misnomer as well since youre not crafting stars and most of the battles occur on planets. planetcraft would have been more accurate.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Geressen likes this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

is english your first language mate

9. Ragic

the purpose of language is to communicate. from your tone I think its safe to say that you fully understand the meaning of my post.

Geressen likes this.
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

So rather than spacewars it should be called 'fighting between spaceships'.

Geressen likes this.
  11. Ragic

But is there any real anymosity between the spaceships themselves? Other than the hive ships I doubt they are sentient. The civil war wasn't referred to as the musket war for example. Has there ever been a conflict referred to by the weapons used? ( in the specific sense and not just the general sense such as nuclear war). I guess there was the clone wars but in that case the clones were both weapon and combatant. However, to refer to a clone simply as a weapon denies their humanity and as such should probably be avoided. So... rather than 'fighting between spaceships' it would be more accurate to say 'fighting between those who fly space ships', assuming you want to drop 'wars' which in itself doesn't seem to be a problem. So might I suggest ' Those who fly spaceships Wars' or the TWFS Wars.

Geressen likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

whoa there! clearly you are discounting the possibility of the ships having advanced AI that is capable of animosity and self control? clearly you are biased in favor of biological constructs you hive scum. I recommend you read some Neal Asher books set in the Polity universe: (https://www.goodreads.com/series/49128-polity-universe-chronological-order

Ragic likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

as a rule I refuse to pay for kickstarters

throwing cash at something and hoping it's at least good enough to F2P so your bucks weren't absolutely wasted is a deep dive. And that's already assuming you like it and whatnot

it's like pre-ordering

only this is a completely new thing and not like civ6 or something, even more unreliable factors

as others mentioned, the game doesn't look very special, when I checked it out ages ago it looked very okayish at best

14. Ragic

I concede to your logic. what an interesting twist it would be for the onboard computers to initiate aggression with the respective crews unable to stop it. the more I think about it the more I want to see that movie. but what would opposing A.I.'s argue over?

Geressen likes this.
  15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

ragic has none of the indicators that would suggest english is not his native language.

he has some indicators suggesting that troll might be his second, but that one's tougher to tell.

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  16. Ragic

no I just assume that everyone on a poxnora forum is well versed in Sarcasm.

Geressen likes this.
  17. Sokolov

What's Sarcasm and how is it different from sarcasm?

Also, LPT: When everything you say sounds like sarcasm, it becomes hard to tell one from the other.

18. Ragic

I capitalized it to represent a language since that was the topic. as in I was speaking in Sarcasm. not I was speaking sarcastically. is this your selective humorlessness showing itself again or do I really confuse you that much? others here clearly get it so I know it isn't just me.

perhaps its the fact that English really isn't the first language for a lot of you but you write it so flawlessly that I forget this. and so when I play with words my meaning is misunderstood when I don't expect it to be? nah youre just all liberal stiffs.

Baskitkase and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Sokolov

My favorite part of all this is how OTHER PEOPLE are humorless because they don't think YOU are funny.

Maybe the problem is you.

Tweek516, Etherielin and BurnPyro like this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Whoosh

Baskitkase likes this.