Desert Owl is working with Sony on an undisclosed project, a “PoxNora” spinoff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Wo wo wo, im worried. @Sokolov made it sound like something big is coming to poxnora, but in this article it sounds like something big is coming from DOG, and im all happy and stuff for em, but i would hate to see a whole new game created that is not this game, and have all my runes and time spent in this game thrown out. i mean if the new spinoff comes out, and its also a turn based strategy thats just maybe a bit different (Like dueylist) id be sad to be honest. i see this game a bit like a book/tv-show in a way, and id hate to not have the races/ Characters in them anymore! i mean no more k'lzick? what no. she my bae. and if DOG starts on this new game, will that mean no more expacs/ developments for pox?

please quell my fears.

http://tucson.com/business/tucson/h...cle_88bbc623-4d67-5df0-96e7-56a67510188f.html

Desert Owl is working with Sony on an undisclosed project, preparing “Space Wars” and a “PoxNora” spinoff.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Sony's not part of the spinoff, but some other project.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I have the same fears though but I'm excited at the same time.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, that article is not exactly clear on what happens and honestly I can't tell you exactly, but a few things:
    1 - SoE is who purchased Octopi previously, and that is now Daybreak Games and is completely unrelated to this Sony
    2 - There is no purchase here, DOG remains independent
    3 - PoxNora is continuing to be supported and as mentioned before, there is something interesting going on with PoxNora itself as well
    4 - The spinoff will be pretty different and does not directly compete with PoxNora

Tweek516, Karamasov, Leadrz and 7 others like this.
  5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

That's good to know.

6. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Just wish you could talk about what's happening already. :D

7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

All I am hearing is that the studio backing this game is growing and has a larger staff than I was aware. Sounds great for the life of this game.

Tweek516, poinl, IMAGIRL and 6 others like this.
  8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

void rim coming off the shelf? oooooooo:

chickenpox2 and Woffleet like this.
  9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Indeed :)

Woffleet likes this.
  10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I don't know how I got here.

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

That's exactly what I was thinking... voidrim

Never got a chance to play it though since it wasn't mac compatible.

If it is voidrim then I'm pretty confident it won't compete to much with Poxnora as the themes are pretty out there.

Woffleet likes this.
  12. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I've been waiting for voidrim for so long! Please let it come back!

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

that's a shame. because a full reboot with no carry over of rune collections is exactly what this game needed.

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

It would not be uncool to see this game with normal ratio 3:4. with animated maps that you can zoom in and out on (like in total war series) and then you can attack with your animated characters that actualx walk to their position on the bord and then actually hit eachother with attacks. Kinda like when total war armies go to battle.

15. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

We already know what is going to happen. They have been hinting at it for some time.

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Explain.

17. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

If I lose my runes I don't care. As long as I'm playing 2.0 and it's badass.

Alakhami likes this.
  18. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

What are the top three points the player base has been asking for?

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

tits, fewer bugs, and tits again

sassquatch, Tweek516, Leadrz and 4 others like this.
  20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Graphics. Playerrbase. Total revamp?