Desert Owl is working with Sony on an undisclosed project, a “PoxNora” spinoff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Good, Sokobro! Hope all this pans out really well...kinda disappointed there isn't a Pox 2, but perhaps your plans for Pox will reinvigorate it, and lets hope the spinoff doesn't detract to much and is good! :D

2. Bondman007

Not necessarily in that order, but yes...

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, disappointed that this isnt a "Pox 2.0 is coming" thread.

4. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Of course, it is going to be Pox 2. It just may not be called 2.0. New rune search, graphics, rune purchase. DOG is expanding. They won't leave Pox in its current state.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pretty sure Space Wars is their next big project. It has been at all the recent Cons.

6. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

I think the undisclosed project is a collaboration between sony and dog on a feature film based in the poxnora universe.

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

wow, DOG has a brick & mortar office? I always imagined it was just a few guys working remotely, most of whom had day jobs. The Q&A's always looked like it was someone's shabby apartment in the background. This is good news. I liked the article. Can anyone match up the RL names with the s/ns on the forums?

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

if poxnora claims to be the pioneer of free to play in one more online article im gonna choke on my own vomit.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There will come a day when we can announce Pox 2. It's the primary reason DOG purchased Pox back so we can do it. But we have a lot on our plate right now and we want to do it justice when the time is right.

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Warms my heart

Pattn199 and JellyBerry like this.
  11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

am I right in thinking this is the first time pox 2.0 has been given any sort of official credibility? the fact that this isn't just a fanboy pipedream should be in 'plans for the future' developer blog or something. obviously youre not talking about just another revamp. come on its just us here buried in a thread no one is reading.

still a tbs?
    still a tcg?
    still f2p?
    still fantasy theme?
    still 8 factions?
    is it just an upgrade to a 64 bit engine?
    do you plan to fund its development via DLC?

give us more.

newsbuff and Gnomes like this.
  12. Bondman007

Well, we will be eagerly anticipating that. This game has been a great ride, she's just out of date. Sok, for the love man, when you guys do launch it, please make sure it is A) done B) advertised C) fun!
    Also, am eager to see what all you guys are going to do with this version of Pox and Space Wars.

BTW, when Pox 2 does make it around, throw in some rewards for the Pox 1 guys! ;)

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The idea of sony having any sort of collaboration with pox or anything desert owl related is ridiculous, sony ran pox into the ground and literally destroyed it's loyal fan base. Please for the sake of everything that is human don't allow greedy sony to have any involvement in any pox related things or desert owl related things. All big companies are greedy ******** and corrupt as hell.

14. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Different Sony

15. super71

Ehh how can it be a different sony, either it's a really small company also named sony which wouldn't help much or it's a branch of the larger sony company which is still sony.

16. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Just repeating what Sok said, guess Sony Online Entertainment has become a different business and this is actually Sony.

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

correct that sony is now called daybreak games or something like that.

Qucas likes this.
  18. super71

Daybreak has produced some Bane Shift games over the years, anything involving soe or previously involving soe is a Bane Shift idea and gedden needs to put on his big boy pants and nip this in the ass.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

they're not working with daybreak.

20. super71

Then who exactly are they working with lol, I don't think they'd be dumb enough to work with actual sony who is known as a bunch of money grubbing whores that barely listens to their community and pumps out more garbage than good.