Destiny

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangmcgame, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It may be a few months before I do but I will likely play Destiny. Was bummed they decided not to release on PC but whatever. I was able to sneak the Xbox One and PS4 onto the baby registry at target. Target gives you 20% off anything on the registry that someone doesn't buy so come November I should be able to get one pretty cheap (crossing fingers hoping for a price cut pre Xmas season but doubt it) I now just have to decide which console to get.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

play CoD 1, the expansion and 2 you barbarian ( skip the rest)

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

why play a 60 dollar fps game on a 200 dollar console when you can play firefall on your pc for free?

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Bcuz destiny

SaintKiwi likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well since I somehow agree with Ragic we can confirm this is the start of the apocalypse/the end times/ragnarok.

st3ck likes this.
  6. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

The harbinger has spoken.

7. Ragic

there is a lot of that going around lately. I suggest that y'all simply try to realize the truth, then you will see it is not Ragic that is moved, it is yourselves.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think this means he died of ebola and this is some sort of nightmare dream remnant of him uploaded to the internet.

9. KingJad

anyone go to the midnight release last night?

10. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I got a digital copy. Game unlocked 2 AM my time, so I started playing at 2 AM. Level 12 and having a blast.

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

got the midnight release console release, it does seem pretty fun.

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Destiny is actually a fun game. Firefall is hot garbage.

This is based on 5-6 hours playing both. Your mileage may vary.

tangmcgame and Dagda like this.
  13. Ragic

it did vary. dreadnaugt lvl 40, assault lvl 40, currently working on a firecat lvl 18 20.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  14. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

I'm gonna wait for the PC release like I am for GTA5 and be cautiously optimistic. Hopefully when it comes to PC it'll rock up with all the MMO features something that play like an FPS MMO should

15. KingJad

Anyone snag any good exotic gear yet?

16. KingJad

Anyone who wants to play some daily or weekly strikes add me on psn(ps4) @ xSiCKxSh0tZ

17. tangmcgame

I'll add you later. I still need to do the weekly. Level 24 now, but I'm still not quite good enough to get through the first set piece (with the huge waves of Fallen).

18. KingJad

You are soloing? I play with my clan we are all pretty much 24+. Im lvl 24 myself.

19. tangmcgame

Yeah, my clanmates aren't very high-level yet, so I have to solo queue most of what I do, but you can't queue for the weekly (which sucks).

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

So here's a funny story : bought it for PS3 saturday since we were waiting for the holidays to get a PS4 (and the fact that there's no games I want until next year).

Install it, get to character creation, PS3 shuts down. No beeps, no lights, nothing. Restart everything, get to that point where you get your gun in the tutorial, same thing happens. Redo the whole thing, shuts down at pretty much the exact same spot. Unplug everything, clean up as much as I can without a Torx set, delete everything, rebuild my file system, reinstall. Get to the same(ish) spot. Shutdown.

Destiny killed my PS3.

You win Sony, the next day there was a new piece of white plastic next to my tv.

Destiny.

edit : if someone who wanders in this thread wants a 30 day PS+ code (for NA I would guess), hit me up. It's for new subscribers though.