Destiny

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangmcgame, Aug 27, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'm a little slow new piece of white plastic? I'm playing on ps4 and it's working perfectly fine.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

The PS4 is white in the Destiny bundle.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

we should all get together to run some raids, I only play with one other friend so raids are a bit beyond my reach atm.

4. KingJad

ps4? If so you can join the guild im in. We are building raid teams.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Playin on 360 till the likely PC release mar-jun next year. Just old school like that.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I haven't opened my game yet but it says I need like 20 GB (on the back of Destiny) to play it. Do I have to install the disc like in GTA? Or how much room did it take for you?

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

5ish GB I believe I could be wrong

8. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

PSN: Gramalian running a lvl 12 Titan right now.

9. calisk

so far i'm 26, i've had Bane Shift luck with drops had to buy every drop of legendary gear i have.

10. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

I heard destiny is ultimative crap.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Going to buy a harddrive this week so I'll start playing it within 10 days.

12. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I had that going on for a while. Lucked out in getting an exotic bounty, picked Invective, which is okay but would have preferred one of the others. Got another bounty, picked the one for Thorn rather than Bad Juju. Regret, again, because Bad Juju is a lot easier to get and way more up my alley. Don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Anyway, started to get some purples out of engrams, but I'm getting a surprising number of duplicates. And no primary weapons. Fuuuuuuu-

13. KingJad

Add me PSN: xSiCKxSh0tZ my clan is looking for Lvl 26 players for raid. Also exotic bounties have 3 parts to them because they are fragmented. My first part was to beat the weekly now I have to complete 25 strikes.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

And here I am farming the magic cave to get me from 20 to 23...

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What's the magic cave? I have been farming the moon hive.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Same concept but way more relaxed.

Patrol earth, go to skywatch. You should see 2-3 people already standing in a spot shooting at a cave. Just go stand next to them and dump. 4+ mob on a ridiculously low timer.

I prefer it to Crota because 1) Sometimes a public will drop and there's that crazy "event" where all the Fallen and Hive converge on that spot with crazy strong stuff and 2) if I hear WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE another time I will shoot myself.

This video is hella dumb but it shows the way

17. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

So I wound up picking up my copy and playing it for the first time last night (PSN: St3ckopotomus), you know doing my thing, level 3, running around earth, and boom, like 4-5 level 20-26 guys are standing off in the distance blasting away at something, not moving, etc. Stumbled on a damn gold mine, honestly, I haven't even played the game really yet, maybe have played a few hours, and about 85% of them have been at this damn magical cave.

I was basically just squeezing in my popshots to get xp (went from 3 to 7 very quickly), and got some gear and such. I may try some of the other stuff this game can do, but So far it's been a really fun cave grind.

Destiny: Magical Cave of Loot.(so far)

Oh, and we got that random mission where crap falls right on you from above and then you get surrounded by lots of high health high damage explosivey shieldy witchy death things. I somehow didn't actually die during this part due to my incredible jumping skills (and 4 level 25s)

Nebron likes this.
  18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

There's really no point in grinding that place until you're like 18-20. Go and enjoy the "story" that's out there, you'll come back to grind this spot in a couple of days (that is, if it's not nerfed until then).

Speaking of magical cave Christmas time, got 3 bounties today that pushed me there pretty hard (sensor mites, 100 kills without dying and 6 earth patrol). Got 3 Legendary Engrams for my trouble. I was pretty stoked but I remembered that the Cryptarch is a monumental **** : 2 blues and my 1st LEG... for another class.

Destiny.

Nebron likes this.
  19. calisk

my fav grinding spot requires three people, but it's fast.

not that it matters much, I never get anything and all legendaries turn out to be rares.

20. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

All hail the RNG.

Once I'm back at my Mom's house (where my PS4 exists) I'll have to jump on one of your guilds. Any takers?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014