Destiny

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangmcgame, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

^ In the same boat but I just need someone to watch my back and revive me when I get melee'd to death while I do my daily heroic (yes, I'm still bad at twin sticks FPSes, I didn't grow up with those. Carry me)

2. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Well once I get back to my PS4 and I can go remember what my username is (although I'm pretty sure it's authyrtyr) we can party up and kill some aliens.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

You guys are welcome to join "Guardians of Fatum" if you're looking for someone to revive you I'm pretty good at that Sunsinger subclass works pretty good for that(not much else).

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

reached 27 today should be 28 within a few days will need raid runners after that probably

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm lvl 22 and kind of on a rotation of farming Crota and playing crucible matches. Is there a faster method of squiring engrams?

6. calisk

for acquiring engrams not really, but what you really want to do is get marks and raise your faction rep with both crucibal and the other guys, you need rank 2 in both to get legendary gear, and you need the marks as well.

honestly the rate at which you get legendaries appropriate for your class in a slot that isn't already legendary is so low that you should just be playing the lottery, so focus on the faction rep and marks.

if your rep is already 3 and you've gotten 100 marks for the week in each, and you've done all your bounties for the day, and you've gotten your daily ascendant shards, then you should be grinding.

btw DO NOT skip on bounties do every single bounty you can do because if you do enough you get an exotic bounty to get a free exotic weapon

the only reason I would grind is to get rare engrams which leads to getting strange coins which you can turn in on friday and saturday for exotic gear.

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Honestly just playing the damn game and getting marks from playlists seems to be the "best" way to level up past 23/24.

Grinding cave/crota gets dumb.

edit : what calisk said

8. KingJad

What class are you and what subclass do u use?

9. calisk

warlock got both sub classes capped.

I use void in pvp for the teleport mostly and sunclass in pve for self res, saves more party wipes then you'd think.

10. KingJad

Oh I know sunsinger ftw screw voidwalkers tho. sunsinger is pretty meh besides self res.

11. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

But grenade spam...

12. KingJad

I guess but a surprise self res gets me more kills than just chucking grenades every 5 seconds unless the entire enemy team is running cheek to cheek.

13. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Blasphemy. Tanktacular grenade spam is baws. Voidwalker feels way too fragile to me after maxing out both subclasses.

Also, I just picked up the Bad Juju bounty so I'm down to run the weekly again, jibbles. I'll msg you if I see you on when I am.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Saw you on earlier but you were running a lvl 11 so I assumed it was not a good time.

Also : Dear diary. Today the Cryptarch wasn't a total ****.

(Grim Citizen III, leg auto rifle. I always use scout or pulse butbut PURPLZ)

15. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Can't remember what I was doing, but I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to need to log at any moment. Sometimes that happens. I really want to try the Nightfall. You can cheese the final boss and get sweet lewtz. Anyway, I need to spam strikes right now (got the Bad Juju bounty), so when I can, I'll holla'.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'm at the exact same spot (Juju strike grind).

If my marks are already at 100 is it more efficient to spam the regular earth one instead of doing playlist?

17. KingJad

Bad Juju is horrible. That being said the best way to grind is do the moon strike. Run past everything until you reach the part where you have to decode. Finish that part and move on to the boss fight. Boss fight should take about 3-4 mins this entire run should be about 10 mins. I did 25 strikes in about 2 hours.

18. KingJad

I'd say the best i've gotten from the Nightfall mission is 10 strange coins i've seen ppl get legendaries but come on 10 strange coins.

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It was either that, the hand cannon or the shotgun.

I went with what I had the chance to actually use. And Fair and Square dropped a couple of hours later.

Destiny.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Is this game worth spending $40 on?