Devs: Your Changes are Killing your Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zer0sum, Jun 28, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No units have Commander: Skeleton, but Undead have Commander on Elsari Votary. It's at about the price any other Commander unit would be, anyway.

2. lcbfoxx

lcbfoxx New Member

Well, I agreed that SO MUCH changes are not good for the players. But, like Moles said, its temporary ( I hope), and is for the greater good. Some patience will not hurt.
    And, sometimes, is fun to see the changes and how it affects your deck.

3. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Like previous posts have said, you wouldn't come back to any game, 2 years later, and expect to be in the same situation you left.

The sweeping changes are a breath of fresh air and the huge patches are again a nice sight to see, they will probably settle down, once the Owls have the game on the lines they want it, not where SoE were taking it.

@zer0sum if you weren't aware, the Owls only acquired pox this year. They've had to migrate everything over, do continuous patches, release new content and keep the player base updated and happy as we can be (we are a hard to please bunch).

The amount they have achieved considering the circumstances is very admirable, we all do want more from Pox, and always will, it just takes time!
    If you don't want to buy anything, you don't have too, just farm gold. I don't particularly need to buy runes, I tend too just to support Pox :)

If you need help with c/uc and some rares /w BigToastie in game, I will try help you out :)

themacca and DarkJello like this.
  4. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Redo Mena :)

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it should be possible to make even big changes without effecting the rune content of theme decks too much.

So tomb lord could be completely reworked but still fulfil a place within a skelly deck, for example.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

The truth is this game is already dead, but we (forum users) are just too attached to it to let it go.
    When they finally pull the plug, it will hit people in the face hard as a truck, but the signs are out there and what people have to do is just open their eyes.

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Posting in a silly thread

8. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

skeleform bb

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, right. But he doesn't have Commander: Skeleton, just Commander, I think.

10. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

well it works on everything his race,so whatever
    still tomb lord should be boostin skellies
    hes the iconic pimp

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ye, same deal with Boost on Votary. Everyone's Undead anyway -- unity!

12. zer0sum

zer0sum The King of Potatoes

I understand the need to change and tweak your game. The problem comes from the Rune Forge. When I break down valuable items to acquire a new item that I value more, only to see the value change dramatically, I'm sore about that. And I'm not talking about Rune Trader value - I'm talking about Value to me. I put together some Bone Elementals, Skeletal Lerper, Xulos, stuff like that for my theme deck. And to watch it get gutted 3 patches in a row is pretty awful.

The whole economy of what I value is changed now. My theme decks have lost their theme and I don't want to continue to destroy my collection's value by breaking down runes to trade into some other theme that works. Every time I break down a rune it's like a 4:1 loss - but I'm fine doing it because it's easy. But the cascading effect of these sweeping changes is a real bummer, because I broke down a lot of runes to get certain combos together that are now entirely gone.

If the devs are going to keep making these massive changes then you should let us do some 1:1 shard trades. I want my UD collection back.

TheBulwark likes this.
  13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This thread is almost as silly as mw's "people are quitting because they're running out of runes from constantly trading into poxbox" thread. No one is forcing you to use the Rune Forge. If you just came back to the game after several years there probably wasn't even a Rune Forge when you started playing. You're complaining that the developers are giving you an alternative to getting sharked on the Rune Trader... It's another OPTION to get runes.

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

People are not understanding the forge. It caps the prices of forgable runes. I hardly ever forge a rune and I only shard runes to get up to 800 shards with those I have gotten from elsewhere; then I craft the legendary that trades highest on PB and trade on PB ...

People that mass shard are a bit silly, imo. Throwing away value.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Can you point specifically to what changes in 3 subsequent patches "gutted" your deck? That was not the intent and I am honestly not sure what you are referring to.

16. Sokolov

I was talking in general. And I am planning on adding it to Tomb Lord and also a melee Skeleton.

17. Sokolov

I am not sure what you referring to since I wasn't part of the conversation. But you will find that because players are a fairly diverse group, so you can typically say almost anything and be proven right by SOME portion of the player-base.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  18. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Yup

19. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

To start, Pox has a LIVE TESTING environment, meaning majority of tests are ran after release. @Moles says he runs a bunch of test scenerios prior to expansions, but it is just one person!

The original convo was about how players hate it when their runes get nerfed right after release(even though they are now balanced). And on this point, I can say that MOST of the player base(including me) hates it when their new stuff gets nurfed to hell right after release. Now, I am not blaming anybody here, I know u guys don't have a testing environment for players (to test new stuff before release) like what World of Tanks or Leauge have.

Ok I think I can better define this with a league of legends analogy:
    Player buys khazix on release(oh boy was he op)
    Dev nerfs Khazix next patch(1 month later)
    Said player hears about these nurfs or reads the patch notes
    Said player is pissed he spent so much IP(points u earned from playing in game equivalent of our gold), or RP(riot points, bought cash) on a POS champ he currently owns, EVEN THOUGH KHAZIX IS CURRENTLY BALANCED.

I can probably write 3 pages about nerf pychology and how it effects Pox since the begining, but I don't have time due to the courses Im taking in summer.
    Also, like I told @Moles, later down the line, it might be wise to have a pre-release testing server, and again I know this takes money(but hella good investment).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  20. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Also, any of you beeches that say u enjoy getting your new crap nurfed to the dirt, your lying