Diablo III

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SaintKiwi, Jul 5, 2015.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I just got this game. has anyone else played this? Any tips? Not sure what class to choose. Seems a bit like champions of norrath.

2. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Platform? There are differences between them. Diablo is more like an MMO you'd play online than Champions of Norrath so think Everquest (the base game of champions of Norrath instead)

I like the Witchdoctor personally, but that's mainly just to have an army of minions swarming around me he's rather lackluster.

If you're playing with a party it'll change who you want to be ideally to compliment your partner, but you can't go wrong with the Barbarian especially if you're a Norrath fan, he's your meat and potatoes no non-sense melee class that will function pretty much exactly like Champions of Norrath using his standard skill as your basic melee and then treating his other skills as the skills from champions of Norrath in the sense that you can't spam them like you can spam skills with most other classes. He's pretty entertaining IMO with his myriad of skills to close gaps and generally be a mob magnate though if you don't have support his life tends to melt away. (at least before you get the high end endgame gears)

I'd stay away from the Monk and Demon Hunter to start with they're a bit more complicated, but any class can manage the game pretty well.

Wizard - Basic ranged caster
    Crusader - Tank
    Barbarian - Damage Dealing Melee
    Monk - I'd best describe him as a buffer hybrid healer
    Witch Doctor - Pet class, they're ranged, but much weaker themselves than the other class that don't rely on servants in terms of raw damage, they have some control skills and their pets are rather lackluster on end game to the point some of them become useless.
    Demon Hunter - Physical Range and Control

Tl:dr
    Warrior or Witchdoctor are the most fun, Witchdoctor is bad endgame and is too reliant on pets that don't scale well. Monk is boring, but the strongest IMO. Demon Hunter requires you to always pay attention to get the most out of them so might be difficult for some to use. Crusader is pretty balanced all around, not to good not too bad, not hard to be. Wizard is a pure glass cannon especially at the start.

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

wizard's can hold their own in inferno mode, they are just squishy to start.

Wizard class is my favorite. Me and buddy played on playstation for while our wizards names were serken and xulos ^^

4. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Like I said any game can manage the game pretty well. The class is defined by the whole process, the Wizard is a glass cannon end game with the right gear every class is nigh invulnerable, the weakness in the Wizard's defenses hold up to being lower than that of the other classes pretty much throughout the entire game end game or not. Torment 6 is harder than Inferno mode was by a great deal 8000% Health and 2500% Damage, Wizards can't hold up to that damage level without legendary farming where a few of the other classes can earning the Wizard it's title of Glass Cannon throughout, but again they can still manage.

5. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

The best advise I can give you is to forget about D3 and go download Path of Exile. It is everything D3 should've been and its FREE (transactions are just cosmetics). Also act 4 is coming out this month so its a great time to get into it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/

Edit: Act 4 is out in 3 more days...OMFG

iPox likes this.
  6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Definitely path of exile... If you like the color brown.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Torchlight 2 if you prefer cartoonish graphics but a true Diablo 2 feel.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Go Titans Quest/Immortal Throne

(I always keep this vid on hand. Love TQIT)

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Alternativly you could play Grim Dawn.

Here's more info from my interview.
    Also. @super71 an I can rave for hours on the wonders of TQIT.

10. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

pc version is strong, the expansion has more or less fixed alot of the original lack of content and issues. Scales nice, drops are alright, and there is end game stuff. Not sure about the console versions, however.

11. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

D3 is much better now than it was on release i'll give it that. But being a blizz title there is a lot of hand holding involved.

Path of Exile = You get dumped on a beach with no gear and no clue.... good luck exile!

12. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Did I brag to you already that I broke the game a few years ago and had the highest sustained dps until it got fixed?
    See:

But other than that, the game is pretty boring.
    Would recommend Titan Quest, Path of Exile, or, if you ignore the plot, Pillars of Eternity.

13. Ragic

is their end game any better? for a first timer diablo is quite a cool experience. the frst time you fought demons in heaven? come on that was cool.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Current Diablo 3 gets boring pretty fast IMO, mostly because you don't feel like your decisions really matter much, and you level so fast and gear drops so often that you don't ever feel like you are making choices regarding gear or builds, it's just whatever is best at the time... until you get to end game, then it's just a mad lottery of playing the same content over and over and spamming buttons and getting the same set piece 8x in a row before you get the one you want.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Your endgame description describes Pox single player pretty accurately too.

16. Sokolov

I can see that, tho the difference tends to be that there are increments there (i.e. I may really want X rune, but getting Y or Z isn't useless), but in Diablo 3, you throw away almost everything.

17. Neri

Neri The King of Potatoes

in D3 you don't actually start playing until lvl70.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's better on console than on PC if you ask me.

You don't get the ladder/season stuff but it plays super well. Hell you could even argue that D3 got "good" once they dropped all the RMAH stuff and went more of the console versions.

19. Sokolov

I actually really enjoyed playing it on the console at E3, but that was only for a little while and most of my experience is with the PC version.

20. Ragic

character progression isn't all that motivating. sometimes I just enjoy the slaughter.