Discussing American politics as civil human beings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 13, 2015.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Poll: Trump Leads, Clinton Under 50
    Reid Wilson | September 22, 2015

A strong performance in last week’s Republican presidential debate has raised former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina’s public profile, but not nearly enough to cut into real estate mogul Donald Trump’s lead over the rest of the GOP field.

Trump takes 32 percent of the vote among self-identified Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, according to a new Morning Consult tracking poll — far ahead of retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson’s 12 percent and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush’s 11 percent. Fiorina finishes in fourth position, at 6 percent, just ahead of Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Ted Cruz (Texas), who clock in with 5 percent each.

...61 percent of Republicans say they have a favorable impression of Trump.

...Just one-third of registered voters say the country is headed in the right direction, while two-thirds say the country is on the wrong track. Forty-two percent say they approve of the job President Obama is doing, a statistically insignificant difference compared with last week. Fifty-five percent disapprove of Obama’s job performance.

http://morningconsult.com/2015/09/poll-trump-leads-clinton-under-50/

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It frightens me that even after Trump's comments about vaccination he has 32% still backing him.

3. DarkJello

You should quote all of his comments r/t imms from the debate, and then explain which part frightens you.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

5. DarkJello

That is part of what he said. And then Dr. Carson talked, and then Trump, and a moderator and... I guess I might have to quote it all... But too busy right now.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

So every vote on congress should be unanimous? It's not like they don't already know the results before they actually vote. So much 'token resistance' going on.

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

If Trump gets elected I'll lose all hope for the US to ever join the ranks of the civiluzed countries. Well, ever might be a bit strong, but for a good time.

8. DarkJello

9-21-2015

GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump will publish a book next month that will “outline how a crippled America could be restored to greatness,” echoing a theme of his campaign.

"I am excited to announce that work on my new best seller is almost done and I'll have a new book out from Threshold Editions and Simon & Schuster later this year. Not since The Art of the Deal have I had this much fun writing a book," Trump said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2015/09/21/donald-trump-new-book/72561830/

US of A joined the ranks of civilized countries 100s of years ago. Krapitalism is on the rise, but we are fighting back.

9. DarkJello

9-22-2015

Donald Trump sends Club for Growth cease and desist letter

"I am not surprised the dishonest, irrelevant and totally failing Club for Growth has resorted to attacking the definitive front runner, especially after I refused to contribute to their pathetic group," Trump said in a statement. "We will be releasing my current tax proposal, which is a major decrease in taxes, in the next week and will continue to expose the two faced hypocrisy of the Club for Growth and the problems groups like this perpetuate within a broken Washington, D.C."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-club-for-growth-cease-desist-letter-213936

10. Boozha

Did it? You are still torturing people, including to death, spying on your allies, attacking nations for your own gain, have huge problems with class and race differences ... No, the US did not join the civilized countries.

11. Ragic

Shut up you hobbit. If Gondor falls the orcs will destroy the Shire.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Boozha

Yeah, just that neither Gondor nor orcs nor the Shire exist; if you people could realize that the world would be able to take a very deep breath.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I honestly don't understand how people can think that further tax decreases will somehow magically work this time around instead of plunging the US further in debt.

Per capita revenue is below the levels it was than around the year 2000 while discretionary spending per capita is at 1980-90s levels. Meanwhile, mandatory spending per capita is growing like crazy but everyone is afraid to touch SS but talks tough about the budget in areas that's not going to make a dent.

I'll believe a politician is serious about the deficit when they start seriously pushing for increasing revenues along with reforming mandatory spending, instead of just talking about tax cuts and imaginary "out of control" spending.

BurnPyro likes this.
  14. DarkJello

Based on that list, no nation is civilized. It is weird how I constantly oppose abusive government, but you never get the memo. Why is that?

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. DarkJello

Most politicians will say darn near anything, to win. They don't believe a bunch of the stuff they memorized. IMO of course.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. (It sounds correct, and I am too lazy and/or unmovtivated to confirm).

I believe that the spending is haywire. Otherwise, I agree with paragraph #3 as well.

16. DarkJello

I love these two soul sistas!!

17. Boozha

Many states are "civilized" under the metrics I provided, to a lesser or greater degree.

Besides, please don't take what I say as a personal attack, if anything I'm attackin US politics. I know that you are not a fan of them either, so yeah, don't take it as an attack.

Also, those women in your video are startlingly nationalistic

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

DJ, boozha and ragic talk politics.

What could possibly go wrong?

SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  19. Boozha

Don't you wanna join? We could up the destructivity still.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Ragic

So we should post graphs of other people's opinions or post walls of txt that essentially say 'I'm not sure'?

F that. Grow a pair and speak your own mind.

Baskitkase and DarkJello like this.