Discussing American politics as civil human beings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 13, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If there was one reason I would vote for Trump, it would be to pay off our National Debt. For all the Civil Issues; Bernie Sanders would be better. I can't say who would do a better job as that's kind of a 4 years later kind of thing. I can say that in 4 years we will look back and have complaints either way.

On another note... Can we clarify how much power the president actually wields? The president seems like the countries mascot while congress does what ever it wants.

Also. Just cause I want to post this. D.C. is having issues with congress.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

See here's what I'm really curious about. Do you believe that Trump will actually reform stuff to benefit the USA and all it's people...... or help himself and his friends with more tax cuts for the rich?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And what absolute moron actually believes Sarah Palin has an IQ higher than 100?

Seriously. Firk me. How can someone so utterly clueless be governor and run for VP (even though McCain regretted it later).

Like it actually infuriates me that someone this ridiculous is in a position of high power in the United States of America.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Don't you have to be a governor to be president or can anyone can be president?

What are the prerequisites to be governor?

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I think Trump IS a 9/11 spike. we are in crisis mode and want to follow a guy rather than a coalition of donors and special interest groups.

A lot of people blame political correctness in part for the downward trends in our society. Donald trump is attacking the PC castle and is the first up the ladder. It's hard not to follow a guy who fights in the front.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Baskitkase and DarkJello like this.
  6. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

That's the nice thing about Bernie Sanders, he's not taking money from big corporations or SuperPacs, just donations from regular people, his average donation is like $60, lol.

As far as Trump being competent with finances... His companies have filed bankruptcies numerous times so he hasn't had to pay the debts he's owed. He's a scummy businessman at best. And technically a bad businessman since he doesn't do it honestly. Anyone could be successful if they simply don't pay their debts, but if everyone did what he does, we simply wouldn't have an economy.

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I just wish there would be an option on the ballet that said "not Donald".... I don't much care who wins as long as it isn't him

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Whats the diffidence between Donald Trump and a flamethrower ?
    one fires people and the other sets people on fire

so nothing...

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Whenever you feel the urge to talk, don't.

Ballballer likes this.
  10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

My view on this is that Trump attracts followers as a sociological phenomenon of people being disillusioned with career politicians. I have yet to hear any argument suggesting he'd actually be good at the job, but that generally speaking doesn't bother the "average American" because they'd rather vote for someone like them than someone who would understand the implications of what he's doing. And unfortunately the average American has no clue how the government actually works.

It's mostly about the fact that he says bigoted Bane Shift that people often think but don't say, so they mistakenly assume that he'll somehow translate their values into effective policy.

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The best part: She's not even the dumbest politician. I really wish I was kidding.

PurpleTop likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You guys have it easy.
    You should see the politicians we got here in Brasil.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, a lot of worldwide politicians actually make the US ones look half-decent

Pedeguerra likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry what?

• Africa is not a country
    • Dinos and humans lived together
    • Can't name a founding father
    • Thinks the constitution and bill of rights somehow state that Christianity is the foundation of America
    • Accused Obama of wanting to go back to pre-civil war days (slavery as a black guy really??)
    • SHE HAS WORDS ON HER Firking HAND TO READ OFF DURING SPEECHES (freedom,energy, oh yeah that Bane Shift)
    Like seriously. It's like an average person interested in the world and politics would talk her under the table. She didn't know the Bush doctrine for crying out loud. It's an absolute joke that this woman became a governor (from what I heard, there was a lot of shenanigans there), let alone running for VP. Nobody in their right mind with knowledge of politics can vote for her and believe she'll do a good job. There's just no way. Bill Firking 'O Riley even suggested in 2010 she needed tutoring AFTER SHE RAN FOR VP FOR 2008. How moronic can one person be.

It's just mindblowing. That Bane Shift happens in Belgium and you're done. Like forever. You don't see a political stage in your life. A minister was slacking/screwing up lately and they just switched her responsabilities to an easy one and gave it to someone with an actual brain. How in the world does that happen. I just don't. I just don't.

I literally can't. I'm using that phrase right now. I literally can't.

I mean michelle bachman is an idiot, and that guy who thinks win is a finite resource who somehow made it on a panel of experts claiming we shouldn't harnass wind energy.

Only in America, I swear. Insanity.

15. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

First you said:
    I provide tons of data with a groovy link, and now you are saying:

Republicans approving of GW Bush is not the same as declaring he was an "extremely good president".

"Approval among moderate and liberal Republicans saw one of the sharpest drops – from 82% to 50%. Conservative Republican approval dropped from 94% to 66%. Independent approval started at below half in 2005 – 47% – but dropped to 18% by December 2008. The change among Democratic groups, already highly critical of Bush, proved less dramatic. Approval among conservative and moderate Democrats dropped from 22% to 8%, while approval among liberal Democrats dropped from 7% to 2%."

http://www.people-press.org/2008/12/18/bush-and-public-opinion/

They classified Repubs into 2 groups, and GW lost a LOT of support amongst Repubs during his 2nd term. Thus, they too, adapt to changing times.

16. DarkJello

She clearly has an IQ higher than 100. Don't let emotion cloud your mind man. I refused to vote for McCain / Palin in 2008. And yes, Palin is special. ;)

Also, Palin is not in a position of high power in the US of A. Why do you think that?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    SPiEkY likes this.
  17. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

at first I thought there was no way anyone would take trump seriously.

Then the Mass Media began their 24/7 broadcast of "The Trump Show" on news and inevitably the entertainment value and exposure worked its magic and he has a following.

I'm still hoping he doesn't get a primary candidacy or run an independent campaign and spoil the election. But things are dire.

I'm still not convinced he's not a plant from the Clintons to poison the GOP water-well.

18. DarkJello

Filing bankruptcy is perfectly legal, and companies big and small do it all the time.

"Bankruptcy filings for the 12-month period ending March 31, 2014, fell 11 percent when compared to bankruptcy filings for the 12-month period ending March 31, 2013, according to statistics released today by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. March 2013 bankruptcy filings totaled 1,170,324 compared to 1,038,280 bankruptcy cases filed in the 12-month period ending March 31, 2014."

http://www.uscourts.gov/news/2014/04/24/bankruptcy-filings-down-11-percent-march-2014

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm hoping Trump loses the primary, and then runs on a Trump/Palin ticket as a third-party candidate. That would be swell.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

When I said "worldwide", I meant more like South American countries, or African countries, or etc, not places like Firking Belgium or Switzerland or other European countries such as that (though they aren't perfect either, but that's a different conversation altogether).