Discussion: Final Coalitions Preview & Expansion downtime estimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 8, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

That's cool new varshal
    For UD will there be non demon elf champs like imp/goblin/spiders
    I really like to see those dead theme come back

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Ok, so my thoughts on the new ranged Sigil:

The whole Psychic thing and its flavor doesn't quite make sense to me, but whatevs.
    However, I feel like Sigil Wings already rely a lot on ranged damage dealers to have a good overall damage output. The melee ones have good damage, but they're moreso geared towards kiting, controlling and tanking (Obsidian has high damage, but spends half the time doing control-y stuff). This can make for some very difficult matchups, especially against UD with their plethora of Arrow Eaters (a good opportunity to mention I think Demon Shield should be giving Elusive, not Arrow Eater).

Adding another ranged damage dealer doesn't go towards improving that situation and what's more, it is an Honorary Sigil. So from that perspective, I am afraid I have to give it an overall "meh" grade, even if it turns out 2x autoinclude. (Of course, the rune could be different than what I think or the other Sigil could turn out to be the Sigil messiah).

3. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Just for clarification: Core and Extended Set runes having equal IN/OUT means what now? Like they will give you the same amount of Shards? Because that would be epic.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The RATIOS are consistent. So if it is 2:1 for Core it is 2:1 for Extended. Which could be 10 and 5 and then 50 and 25. Those are both 2:1 ratios.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Unless Weighted is a terrible downside (my money is on something similar to Lethargic, so it should be ok) and the other upgrades (especially on the Camaraderie tree) are super lame, there's no reason that thing shouldn't be 2x auto in everything.

Yeah Wings have their fair share of range already but besides Scarlet who's pretty good for it's cost, the other 2 are super average. Would anyone run Plat if it didn't give Improve Range? I'll gladly welcome our new ranged overlord. Until it gets nerfed 2 weeks later.

6. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Ah. So the Core Exos can still expect to see an increase in shard value?

7. Sirius

My point is that if it turns out as 2x ranged autoinclude (at least for Sigils), then it just replaces a "weaker" ranged Sigil. An overlap in roles that simply leads to a rune sitting outside decks than actual variety. Which is why I said "meh" grade, from that perspective. However, if it covered an area where Sigils are lacking...
    Again, take my opinions with a grain of salt.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ratios improved for every category.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Like what? Legit question, I feel like the deck covers all the necessary bases, albeit somewhat inefficiently at times.

10. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

How will the shard ratio review be implemented? You guys will change the ammount of shards given or taken?

11. Sirius

The main one for me is AoE. But I guess there's Geomancer.

Also, I feel like there are many scenarios where they trade damage badly, especially because the ranged ones die super fast. This often makes me want an extra source of defensiveness, aside from Wings of Glory/Amber Wing. (Speaking of which, I think Amber Wing is really good at protecting from range attacks and that Shroud is auto.)

Also, even with Boost Beast, I still include Talgar. His mighty OPness aside, there just seems to be a need for a big bad beater. Just a bit more than what 2x Obsidians can offer.

I'll have to think on this more. So far it's been mainly AoE and a bit more efficiency tbh. Ranged survivability perhaps. You can always have more ranged damage and I welcome that, but that hasn't really been a concern for me in my games.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Well Psychic Blast should cover that one ever so slightly at least. Yeah sure it's not a Bomb but it's something.

13. Sirius

Hah, I completely missed that.

14. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Chuck: Wood. Obviously rolls down stairs in a straight line through 5 squares. Does physical damage, kills dogs instantly and causes -Lumbering-!

I will be annoyed if the other beaver from that art piece is a vashal but this one isnt. They have exactly the same dang physical features.

Probably for the best ol' Chuck isn't carrying a spear, lol.

15. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

By the way, I love how Extended runes are worth 150% of the core runes, making it viable to buy core set boxes/packs.

16. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

GIMME THE PATCH NOTES NOOOOW! (no one would know sok...it'll be our little secret.)

Tarathil likes this.
  17. VindraxIsMyHomie

VindraxIsMyHomie New Member

Darn, I could have sworn that 3rd preview art was a Vashal Strike Force rune

18. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

So far then we have seen two beasts, one being the Woodchuck, and a fairy riding a corgi. With the new information of a Vashal also that just leaves one more misc champ. I wonder if the new relic is going to be a Beast/Vashal relic for KF?

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Moga remains the most depressing race when thinking about the implications of their lore.

Tarathil and soulmilk like this.
  20. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I feel like the lightning druid from the same piece of art as woodchuck has to also be a beast.

I think the fae on the corgi -should- be a faerie/beast just like all the wings get to be beast/dwarfs.

So that puts KF at 3 beasts, one that is also a faerie, and one confirmed Vashal that i don't think we have seen yet. They made the last Vashal -NOT- a beast on purpose so i assume any future ones will follow the same pattern.

Since KF runes aren't allowed to be good I hope the runes are only slightly inferior to every other faction. That way they will be nerfed less after the first week.