Discussion: Final Patch of 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Dec 16, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, keeping things at the baseline may hurt now but allow for a better play environment farther down the line. You are able to release interesting champs for the better baselined themes with less of a risk of creating a broken play environment.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think @DrSteve's point there would be that he doesn't NOT support fixing the prices, but that it should come with more care to avoid nerfing shoebox runes.

I agree in principle, but it's also not as easy as it sounds without liberal use of modifiers every time costs are changed - which in some ways defeats the purpose of those cost changes.

3. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Wow so much effort went into these LE Reskins, Great job devs worth my 8 bucks for sure

I'm being sarcastic incase you hadn't noticed

DarkJello likes this.
  4. d386

d386 New Member

Wait wait... you get points when you win, you lose points when you lose. BM are the 10, wait 9, players with the most points? Or not? Should be imo.. and should be 10 too..

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The Battlemaster league, and the whole league system, has only a spurious correlation with the EXP system, which is what actually designates the player who is Pox Battle Master i.e. the highest ranked player. Check out this thread: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/heres-how-rank-works-now.20159/

d386 likes this.
  6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Fire amp wasn't even bad though. I was playing it right before the patch and people were complaining that it was broken. Given, people seem to complain that every single deck is broken, but still, I don't feel like "barely playable" is exactly accurate.

Ifem21, DarkJello and doubtofbuddha like this.
  7. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Aww, dammit, I bought TWO extended boxes on friday :(

8. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Depends what you're referring to. Fire is not that bad if you build around tinderbox, flame surge, and flame charge (lava terrain in ff too). Building a deck around Fire amp itself tho is pretty trash because its objectively worse in almost every area when compared to frost. The champs are individually weak, you lack range, your only true tank crutches on colossal, your spells are worse, and your early game is awful.

Anyway id make the assertion that consolidation is often times pretty asinine. Like right now were just shoeboxing runes in the present to make costs streamlined for the future. Then we have to go back and manually unshoebox all those runes. Either way we're creating work to do but this is just a massive finger to anyone who wanted to play the runes in the present. I could also go on about the idea that all amps have to cost the same is equally asinine but im at work and dont have time to do that :confused:

9. Sokolov

Note: They do not all cost the same, which was part of the point of the cost adjustments.

10. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Some nice changes.

I'm stil wondering why is there no terraformer nerf, and changes to passive damage in general. These champions are not using normal AP to deal damage, and even if they have no basic attack, they still have spare AP that they can use to contest fonts, engage range champions, and even use abilities from equipments, all while already doing normal champ damage.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Ballballer and Tweek516 like this.
  11. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I was referring to the fact that other amps were brought up in cost to match or more closely match frost and psy. I should have phrased it better.

12. Sokolov

Yes, Poison and Psychic were made to match Fire and Frost, as I feel both of those themes also have plenty of sources and are both considered solid themes in their own right.

The others remain costed differently at a similar rate (e.g. Acid went up by 2, same as the amount that Fire/Frost went up).

13. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Buffs so small not much will happen.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Yeah im battlemaster and karmavore is still ranked above me somehow

Karmavore likes this.
  15. Sokolov

Where are you seeing that?

upload_2015-12-19_5-27-34.png

16. Ballballer