Discussion: Hotfix notes 26th June

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moles, Jun 26, 2015.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Goyo, Nyanta and claydude5 like this.
  2. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Death Guard was 29 nora dude

spineyftw likes this.
  3. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Was* Now it is 50ish nora for a 5 speed unit with horrible upgrade lines that make no sense considering its role.

I like how we keep avoiding the fact bodyguard is a borked ability and nerfing bodyguard units 1 by 1.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That +2 DMG from Coalitions ain't lookin so hot now.

claydude5 likes this.
  5. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I will double check what happened with Sok.

server is back up btw

6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

And he had been 33 pre-revamp for ages.
    Yet instead of simply bumping his modifier, they did another wtf rune, now undead magister will have a friend!

7. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Overall good patch. ST fix was vital for the loose sanity that remains in pox. Also you cant make everyone happy. People complain no matter what. If they were issues with consistency great, if they been on the table for awhile great, in any event the fact that you continue to make the effort is important. The forum whiners and trolls DO NOT represent the pox population as a whole. Most players don't even bother posting in the forums but they do read them and have opinions on the game.

Keep working to make the game better....we will hit a point where the game achieves an acceptable balance level and fun factor to advertise to the masses and increase the population. I believe that your doing what many players begged for when the game was on the verge of death after SOE......work on the game and get it to a stable enjoyable state. Then have a marketing blitz to get new players. This is a marathon not a sprint....we are getting there....and we will get there. Keep chipping away and start preparing for an insane media blitz when the game is ready :)

Qucas, DarkJello, Gnomes and 2 others like this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

At 47, he feels more like a 1x rune with narrow deployment times. Feels a lot like an iffy version of Bubble of Protection now, with a tiny bit more synergy and a lot more baggage. If he just didn't get that damage from Coalitions, he'd be fine.

Also, does this guy have a modifier on him at all now?

9. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

I'd rather run steal life.

He did deserve some nerf tho.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

He has no modifier.

KingJad likes this.
  11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Deathguard and his low ass cooldown, screw that guy.

12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Yeah, personally I think that Bodyguard needs some changes itself. Maybe if it only blocked damage from basic attacks and attack abilities or something, so people can't just bodyguard a 3 hp unit and laugh while it trolls around for 3 more rounds.

Qucas and claydude5 like this.
  13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Long Fuse Bomb nerf?

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

There is a lot of good stuff here but it is a shame about deathguard - an interesting and distinctive rune that encouraged a distinctive playstyle and wasn't breaking anything.

I'm a little worried that these changes are rushed through on the back of one just-lost-to-it thread.

I guess the devs get flak either way.

15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

What you smoking?

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Kid you not it's the +4 nora from the damage in Coalitions that's giving me pause at this point. 10% cost increase.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Reality, with a few tokes on perspective.

I'd like to see meta statistics but it wasn't being run in every deck, or being played every game when it was run. What it was was situationally frustrating.

Qucas and claydude5 like this.
  19. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

nah m8.

I usually agree with you but there's nothing distinctive about spamming Death Guards and Polluted Martyrs. I'm pretty sure he's run and deployed in 100% of meta FW bgs.

20. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Short live 1 and 5 speed, and scorn, he no was a mid game option for abuse. his bodyguard only protect 3 turns. His current nora is huge, he never hits any.