Discussion:New Pox Nora Client Released May 23rd!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 23, 2017.

1. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

Also, "Launcher has stopped working" with the problem details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: launcher.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 59236812
    Problem Signature 04: Launcher
    Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 59236812
    Problem Signature 07: 37
    Problem Signature 08: 1b1
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The single-target indicators are really useful in 1v1 if you are against stealth units, especially those that automatically stealth at the end of their turn. It may seem like a small quality of life change but it plays a fairly important role in ranked play.

Tweek516 and aseryen like this.
  3. Bravesteel

Bravesteel Member

I'm getting a lot of the same problems that others have brought up elsewhere, but I'll try my hand at the client tonight.

Etherielin and aseryen like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-5-31_17-54-14.png
    noooooooooo damn you new client, you took away the equipment animation

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Unrelated, but I love your fox.

aseryen, laminasaga, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

GUYS IT'S CONFIRMED: KF IS GETTING A FOX CHAMPION, YUSS.

aseryen, laminasaga and Bravesteel like this.
  7. Bravesteel

Bravesteel Member

Why thank you, Sokolov! :)

Let the hype commence! ;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    aseryen and laminasaga like this.
  8. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sometimes after an avatar is destroyed the game doesn't end. I can even still move my guys. It's weird. I have to completely exit Steam. Can we get an ETA when all these bugs will be fixed?

9. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

The only thing new client has succeeded is to make me log into this forum to complain
    It sucks badly and is destroying this game.

aseryen, horrible, Gnomes and 2 others like this.
  10. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

This hits deep.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  11. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

its not that bad, you just need to adapt your playstyle to not think for 1 min then move everything in 20sec and win the match. atm you have to wait a few seconds between each action instead. Imo the client has improved over the last week. but yeah the wish/fix/buglists are still long

12. Durand

Durand Active Member

Trying to stay positive, but to be honest, the only visible improvement so far is fixing the "Entering game" bug. It "feels" "slightly" better than week ago, because I have learned to adapt and get used to all the bugs and annoyances. For example, even the most basic thing, "left-clicking a rune in runedock to display it" is still not fixed. I have adapted and now routinely do this stupid thing of always dragging them a bit to display them.

Hierokliff likes this.
  13. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

How foolish of him thinking he could play in a similar way to what he has done for ten years.

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. Regulate

On second thought this was all an elaborate plan to nerf tiny

15. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

Also, I can't log into the old client now. Is it closed forever?

16. Hierokliff

yeah especially since its kinda like a new game with alot of old mechanics but the client is new, it requires changes from the user, new codebases does that always. if its in games or programs or ERP's doesnt matter really. I just wish for some respons in the bugreporting, some scheduled maintance with new patches the next 2-3 months and i think i would be more happy with the current buggy/missing client.

17. Hierokliff

havent seen any info about it, but i cant connect either, asked on the discord channel but no response yet

18. Regulate

Yes

Perhaps, but the idea is generally for it to be improved. For PC users there is no upside to the new client, it's a step backwards, and we're waiting for it to catch up and be "almost as good" as the old one. lol.

19. Hierokliff

Not sure if it was really meant to be improving the game, or just prolonging its lifecycle? maybe the old servers where a nightmare, the old code sounded like it was. Agreed there is no upside for us users, except that Poxnora might survive a bit longer, and if they get resources it might be possible to improve it with the new codebase.
    atm iam pessimistic, i dont think it will catch up soon, so if i want to play i just have to adjust myself :)

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

dont forget what the greens said. The new client is there so that adding new features and updates later are much more easily done... think of this as an late game carry... right now everything sucks, but in the future once everything is ironed out, the new features and updates will be much quicker and more high tech.

aseryen likes this.