Discussion: Patch Notes: January 29th, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Just to clarify: Sentinel is a cheaper version of Blindfire that works the same way in all instances other than the return-attack is not a specified ranged attack and also functions versus melee attacks.

2. Molosse

I think you're under the misconception that Blindfire is tied to a set range. It, like Sentinel, is entirely dependent on the range of the champion using the ability.

3. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Not true, it is limited by the range of the champ - not the range of the ability

4. Atherhog

I need to check this - I'm sure you're wrong.

If not, then I'll concede. But I think you are.

5. Molosse

Posting this rapidly is not helping this discussion :p

Edit; GOD DAMMIT.

Anyway ability description for Blindfire: When an enemy champion within this units range makes a successful ranged attack against a champion, this champion makes a ranged combat attack against that champion for free.

Atherhog likes this.
  6. Molosse

But yeah, both abilities are explicitly tied to the range of the champion using the ability, you may be thinking of an 8rng due to Elven Prodigy rocking 3-8rng. So all in all Sentinel is 9n less for the same ability. But better.

7. Atherhog

Possibly... But I'm sure I remember running Aspect of Infinity a year or so ago, and it being longer than her actual range.

But yeah, if you're right, then I agree.

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Blindfire is not tied to the champs range. It only takes into account the minimum range, for example bowmage was 3-5 range and while blindfire did not trigger from 1-2 spaces away, it would trigger anywhere from 3-8. Come to think of it, it may have just been bugged.

Atherhog likes this.
  9. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

TBH, I am fine with there being two abilities, as Sentinal / Blind Fire is one of those abilities which dramatically scale witha units range. It should not be the same cost for a 1-3 range unit to get it, as it is for a 3-8 range unit to get it, pure and simple, as one gets far, far more benefit from it.

soulmilk and learnedone like this.
  10. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

11. Molosse

I don't quite know how to say this nicely. So I'll just go ahead and re-iterate: Blindfire is absolutely tied to a champions range, at least now. I know this because a) I play Archers, b) I run Bowmage/Prodigy and c) Poxbase.

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Please refer to the last sentence of that quote ;) I have no idea how it works now, but back when I played KF in a different lifetime thats how it worked for me.

13. ChiaoLung

Prodigy is range 3-8. If that's the only champ you've used with Blindfire then that makes perfect sense.

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Well my example was based off my previous experiences ,so I was on about bowmage. He may have been range nerfed since I last played making my argument about it being bugged somewhat flawed.

15. learnedone

learnedone Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, sentinel doesn't trigger when the champ who has the ability is attacked.

Thbigchief likes this.
  16. ChiaoLung

IIRC Blindfire used to be range 1-8 and got nerfed to champ's range, then Bowmage's range got nerfed to 4-5. I may be remembering that wrong though.

17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

So we got our best rune from the faction Speckled Fesh nerfed bs!

18. Molosse

L2KF Nub.
    No, I'm fine with that, it's just when we talk about ability consolidation this is one of those stand-out examples of an ability that is so similar it hurts.

19. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I understand 100% and a part of me would like to see these abilities consolidated, but then either low range units would be sandbagged or high range units would need to be sandbagged through another means, and so it kinda breeds further annoyance IMO.

Maybe if it had a "dissipate" type effect (like -2 for every 2 spaces, so it would go: 10, 10, 8, 8 etc.) tied in? Would be a minor impact on a low range unit, but significant on a high ranged one.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Reading the Poxbase descriptions, I see two differences, and both read in favor of Sentinel. I don't have any of these runes, so I can't test.

Sentinel specifies that the free attack is a base attack. That means Flanking (Firk Psy-sentry) and Cleave (Mosharn the Barricade) should trigger off the free attack.

Blindfire specifies that the free attack occurs when an enemy makes a successful ranged attack. Sentinel just says a successful attack.

Copied from PoxBase:

Sentinel 6 Nora
    Whenever an opposing champion within this unit's range successfully attacks another friendly unit, this unit makes a free basic attack against the attacking champion.

Blindfire 15 Nora
    When an enemy champion within this units range makes a successful ranged attack against a champion, this champion makes a ranged combat attack against that champion for free.