Discussion: Patch Notes July 11th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I like many of the changes... IS demolition team is still far too high! Would have loved Hekatian Arbiter to go below 90... hopefully a future patch will make it more efficient.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Say hello to my 94 nora menelaus and my cheaper than dirt falconer. Then i'll deploy ancestral avenger for 84 and angel of restoration for 73. Good work so far on the re-vamp but their will be much rage about k'thir again.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Don't get too attached ;)

Etherielin, Tarathil, Sirius and 2 others like this.
  4. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I want to get attached to the 66 nora Abomination though!

I just want to see his sprite again! :p

Queegon likes this.
  5. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

Can anyone tell me what runes are actually more expensive? I don't see any, everything's cheaper.

68 nora pit dragon, Har!

6. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Fae are still too expensive for what they do... most of them appear to be the same cost, if not only a few nora cheaper (67 --> 65 isn't saving the Warden).

Several fae got cost increases, I believe.
    Rascal Fairy (right?), Fairy Trickster? Maybe I'm wrong... They're all still too expensive.

7. Sokolov

If you look at the chart from Gedden's thread:

[​IMG]

You will see that the majority of runes above 75 nora reduced costs, while it's more evenly split for those below 75 nora.

8. allyorbase

I don't even... 84-nora Ancestral Avenger? Lance Admiral is 78??

But Experimental Warspirit went up from 79 to 89?

I just don't...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Easy, warspirit was basing his manageable on a flaw of the formula for 0 dmg champions and so it rised cost, while avenger depends a lot on stats and it benefitted a lot from the changes, this isn't saying they are right, just that it was expected to happen.
    Think that warspirit may look bad, but the former sub 60 passive champions look a lot better now, problem there is likely to be in ability costing.

Sirius and Xirone like this.
  10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Actually... that made even less sense.

Again, unless they changed something I wasn't aware of it:

Experimental warspirit <--> Stitched monolith
    0 dmg <--> 0 dmg
    7 spd <--> 6 spd
    1-2 rng <--> 2-5 rng
    1 def <--> 3 def
    53hp <--> 75hp

So the EW have better speed, but the SM arguable have more hp, def and better range in both aspects, maximum range and threatened area. I just don't get it. If we were to remove lumbering from the formula, both would cost the same.

EDIT: Will do an experiment a shave nora cost from the abilities (thanks, Nea!), give me a second.

allyorbase likes this.
  11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What I can't really understand is how in earth zombie behemot brings 73 hp for 48 nora, 5 speed lethargic yes, but still 73 hp.

Tarathil likes this.
  12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I just want to know why Dogpile wasn't fixed

limone1981 likes this.
  13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Lumbering and/or Strength of Body probably are the causes. Also, I believe Gedden made large champions -5 NORA less than small champs.

14. allyorbase

Yeah, I'm full-blown not understanding how EW can be so much more expensive than the Monolith, or how, like Gabriel Q said, Zombie Behemoth can be 73 HP for 48 nora. That is just begging for abuse.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Don't forget SP hero trio ubber cheap now.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I just died of laughter.

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Biggest thing that jumped in my face so far is Dwarven Tinkerer and Silverclan Engineer. They kinda had it coming though. Oh and Trackstar got slapped pretty hard as well, no one should cry about that one either.

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I get the feeling Lethargic and Lumbering take away too much.

Lethargic especially. Behemoth could lose that and people would see it as a nerf, not a buff.

The -5 on big champs was needed. I Approve.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  19. Sokolov

Because Lumbering is -25? I mean, they are almost the same cost if you remove Lumbering.

allyorbase likes this.
  20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Also, Christmas Euan still doesn't have the same upgrades as the Exotic Euan.

OMG DWARVEN KING IS CHEAPER THAN 100 NORA IM SO HAPPY