Discussion: Patch Notes July 11th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Happy Hraken went down in price, not that I have one anymore though.

2. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

Leoss are so cheap now...Mosharn at 77? I'll take one. :)

allyorbase likes this.
  3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

why are people mentioning redcaps lol

On topic, I am so down to having select players look at each rune cost for their faction ONE BY ONE and then cycle them around so everyone gets a say on the topic.

4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

yea...you hit the button too hard. Just looking at some of these things is a bit ridicules right now. Euan maxed out BM3, and Surge enemy is 80 nora.... a DF3, Warcry 3, BM 3 Dking is 91..he grants +6dmg and 3 ap to everyone with in 3 spaces whenever he attacks for 91 nora. The most expensive magnus gets is 84 ( why does Isran have rend 1-3 while bse Inquisitor has "better" upgrade line?). Heck a maxed Bastion is only 100 nora. A Barb guardian is 66 nora now...Thats ridiculously cheap.

There was nothing wrong with units in the 90-100+ range. The only champion wide issue was units under 70-75 nora were just too strong. You should of toned those down instead of trying to bring all prices into a middle ground. Sub 70 nora units just need to actually be weaker then over 80 nora units. Moga/kanen etc should be worthless outside of a large number, big bad units like alphas or cyclops or whatever were fine.

Pedeguerra and Morfeas like this.
  5. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Some 0 dmg passive champs got bummed to more reasonable levels, while some other 0 dmg passive champs *cough Master Trapsmith cough* clock in at 83 nora.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Shhh plz don't hurt my Dwarven King

p.s. Harbs are at 80 nora yay

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Here's the problem I'm seeing:

1- Powercreep reached levels it was either revamp or go home, revamp happened;
    2- Some iconic and expensive champs got nerfed to the ground, deservingly;
    3- People started crying and whining that their shiny exos and legendaries werent top flavor of the meta, and started crying for buffs;
    4- Devs, in dire need to please the players (see runes give away on the Announcement session, for example), revamped the costs and now all of a sudden all the shiny exos and legendaries are playable again, and are probably above the powerlevel of everything else;
    5- Go back to #1.

Pox community, why you insist on breaking the game you love so much.

Hit me up when this 80 nora Euan, sub 100 nora King and 80 nora chronomancer shinenigans and whatnot has been properly fixed.

Edit: I'll give the devs some slack, though, because it's freaking hard to balance a game if you dont play it or you are bad at it.

Etherielin, Baskitkase and Morfeas like this.
  8. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Well spoken, inc hate and "buts".

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

at least there is an effort to target problem champs and this playerbase runs nothing but, so progress should be fast.

10. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Master trapsmith (The skeezick) is 83 nora :(. The dude has nothing but grant trap, no basic attack and just 35hp. Im Confucius.

Kampel likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

But the adjustments made here didn't specifically target EX and LEG, some of them just got a cost decrease due to having particular stat configurations. If a non-EXO rune had the same stats as an EXO that got -10 nora, then the non-EXO also got the same nora off.

That said, it's probably true that more of the EX and LEG got reduced because they tended to be higher costs.

Nebron likes this.
  12. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I don't get why people are so mad. Round one was too expenSive round two is too cheap which means it should be easy to get it close next time. It's not like anybody still takes ranked seriously

13. Sokolov

I think we need to stop pointing to specific champs to say that they were miscosted. This is to be expected since no SPECIFIC champ adjustments were made.

Now, it is important that we point out the miscosted champs so they can be addressed.

I think the important step here is that the baseline stats should be more appropriately costed to each other, which allows the devs to adjust ability costs more clearly.

Note that it's pretty easy too to just add 5 or 10 nora to everything (or price HP a little higher across the board) and largely achieve what you suggested in the last paragraph, but I suspect ability adjustments will catch a lot of those. For example, I am pretty sure Attacks don't cost nora (unless it was changed since revamp), but Passive used to give -5 nora, so if we put some costs to Attacks around 5 nora... well, then most champions would go up by that amount.

Tarathil likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is unfortunately true.

15. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Less expensive than Wall of Ailur... hrm.

16. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

I look at the new costing formula as a step ahead in the right direction, because runes that are mainly based on stats seems to be costed in a more appropriate way than before. The new (but also old) problem is how some abilities interact with stats.

Abilities like bombs, flamestrike, magical attack, strike, arrow shot, etc. seems to have always the same cost, even if their efficiency is based on the unit DMG; the same goes for abilities like tough, scale armor, resistence and resilient that get better on unit with an high base DEF/HP (often, you can consider them like a flat +DEF), and ability taht boost stats like domain or loyalty. In some way, their cost need a case-by-case adjustment to have a perfect solution.

I don't know if it's possible, but I would to see their nora cost linked in some way with the refering stat (i.e.: Fire Bomb 1/2/3 cost set arround 20%/30%/40% DMG, tough 1/2/3 cost set to 1/1.5/2 x (DEF+1), etc.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  17. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

That wasn't the point of my post. I was highlighting some of the more ridicules aspects of the " bring everything to the center" mindset. To show just how wonky of an idea it really, and so people can hopefully see how their demanding cheaper and cheaper runes has and will effectively undo the whole revamps anti powercreep intentions.

Those examples, were to show how just how powerful some of these champions which were in the high end AND the low end were before getting cheaper, to highlight just how over the top the cheap stuff has gotten to be in comparison that these powerful champs needed huge price drops. If moga like champions ( read as cheap stuff) were actually worth what they were priced, i.e. fiarly crap stats/low number of abilities and not close to the 80+ nora champions those 80+ nora champions would by default be "balanced" and worth their price.

Balance is just a perception issue here. People got use to super champs priced at super low lvls and were just not ready to actually pay for things. People actually use to CHOOSE to run 100+ nora champs back in the day because they usually offered a huge advantage in some wa yover the lowly 60-70 nora champions. Heck, IS use to deploy 70-80-90 nora champions as our basic price range because we could/got a better deal out of it. The go to build for the griffion rider was 130 nora for Valdacs sake. Higher prices are perfectly viable, when they are actually better in meaningful ways. If its too easy to take out higher priced units, then its time to look at those mechanics that allow that. Not just scrap the whole slower more tactical game play.

Note: As far as balancing stat costs, would it be out of the question to think about racial template that allow for racial differences in pricing for those stats? Or is that just needlessly complicating the process?

Ralphen and Pedeguerra like this.
  18. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

When will soultap get fixed?

19. Sokolov

Wouldn't that just arbitrarily make specific themes cheaper or more expensive, stat wise, relative to other themes? Or am I misunderstanding you?

20. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes