Discussion: Patch Notes July 11th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I don't see how that system couldn't work with a universal stat cost formula, Tarth. If the stats are all priced the same then you start with a balanced template all around and then flavor the champions with race-appropriate abilities.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I do think what tarth suggests is a stricter way of ensuring that things don't get out of line, whereas anything else would just be guidelines.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

The angels turned out awesome!

4. Staxover

Staxover Member

Well, I see we are still buffing, nerfing, and wateverelseing the you know what out of everything because "nothing" is fair, which is what I am trying to say all along. Some things are are hard and some not. Just play the game and stop nerfing until everything is "perfect." Bloom is fine. Champs are fine. Just play ball. Some more time on marketing and new rune releases.

5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

This would suite me just fine. I just like the idea of templates for design as restrictions are healthy and force creativity both in designing the runes and in the bg construction. It also would, in principle, reduce the complexity and make it easier to design on a faction wide stance.

That or all cheap units should have artificial tags to raise their prices or keep their prices the same with lower stats. Moga are just the poster chield for cheap and overly efficient so I used them, I'm sure its true for a lot of runes.

6. Sokolov

When you think about it... this is what actually happened relatively speaking (on a per stat basis, cheap units now pay more compared to higher costed counterparts). Which is why I keep suggesting you might be happy once we adjust for some abilities or just slap +10 on everyone.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Acctually I dont think shes undercosted on this new meta, its just that she was 100 nora pre cost revamp eheheh - thus, I think she might have been a succesful hit. Although, Flight + Initiative alone brings a lot of problems to the table, maybe something like 84ish nora would seem more accurate.

8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

The costs on some SP champs are blatantly ridiculous now. Way way way op

9. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

That's for sure! Peaks Doombringer...420,000 PoxBox points. Shallaxy...420,000 PoxBox points. Pox Harbings...420,000 PoxBox points. Costs are out of this world!

Oh, nora cost...

10. tangmcgame

Edited for accuracy.

11. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

12. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I haven't followed the discussion so forgive me in advance if that guy was mentioned but... WTF Ancestral Avenger?

Edit: oh yeah, first page...

13. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I dont understand how you got to master trapsmith being 83nora

15. tangmcgame

His Grants cost 23 nora total. 4 nora sandbag from Skeez Alliance on base. Another 3 from Regen 1. 4 nora for Detection 2. Strip all those abilities and he still seems way overpriced to me.

16. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Or to explain it in simply: champions that were expensive because they had good stats are now amazing, champions that were expensive despite having bad stats (due to abilites) got worse.

17. Sokolov

Trapsmith seems weirdly priced no matter how you slice it.

18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why's everybody *****ing they did well their are maybe 4 or 5 runes from each faction that are kinda like a wtf moment but those can be fixed good work owls. And people stop crying nerfs and buffs because they aren't getting to do anything else if they keep having to fix all your nonsense and complaining.

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Well then he might need a more detailed look and adjust his cost when they get a more clear view of what his rol is.
    For devs record, this one is one of those runes that need a second thought, for when the rune re-re-re-re-adjust time comes. no hurrys.

20. tangmcgame

Feedback is not automatically *****ing. Climb down off your horse, it's ruining your perspective.